Starting out in Gelish - the 6 best colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jusluce

Reaction score
Hi
It obviously takes time and lots of money to build up a vast collection of colours. But what colours do you all think i need to get started. I think ill invest in 6 to begin with but theres so many! Help. X

it depends on your client base, instead of having any of the sparkly finish ones i chose to get glitter and plain colors - i don't have them in front of me so i can't give you the names but i chose sort of a color wheel - a red, white, black, blue, violet. and yellow. i experimented with layering colors and mixing them on foil and using that for a different color (i.e. used the yellow and blue and mixed for a green - but be sure you mix enough!)

If it helps my most popular colours have been:

Black cherry berry
Bella's vampire
Gossip girl
Starburst
Rendezvous
Good gossip for Christmas
My forbidden love

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I'm the same with my shellac collection. I have red, pink, French pink and white, black, green and glitter. I think that's it off the top of my head. Further to this I would like to get in a blue, a turquoise and a darker red.

Gelish have so many colour choices but I would definitely start with a red, a pink and two colours for French. For other colours think about your client base and what they might want.

My top 6 have been
Good gossip
Bella's vampire
Black shadow
Sheek white ( used for French or full nail )
Pink smoothie
Shake it till you samba
And the matte topcoat has been so popular for me lately.
I found it so hard to pick my first colours so I hope this helps, people in different areas have different preferences I would say these are my practical colours but I have clients who love brights and the ladies who love the classic colours or have to keep it toned down for work. So try to cater to the Clients you think you will have more of. let us know what you choose in the end. X

Good gossip is a must over the xmas period - i bought a new bottle and 4 out of 5 customers had this immediately!

Def a pink and white for french

Others popular for me;
Starburst (layer good gossip over for a sparkly dark pink)
Vegas nights (goes over anything)

Research colour combos and layering to maximise the colours u choose x

Thank you.. I will definitely be investing in Vegas nights.. Love a bit of sparkle :) xx

Night reflection is my top selling colour! Followed by carnival hangover, good gossip, Vegas nights (an absolute must!), caution & black cherry berry. White good not only for French but for nail art too.

Sorry to barge in like this. I'm in the same boat as the OP. Got Red Roses and Gossip Girl already but what will the best pinkish one be for french.

Thanks

I use simple sheer but its practically clear!

I use little princess (I think it's called) for my pink but also use Vegas nights a lot for French manicures

Latest posts

Back