Starting out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaLou86

Reaction score
Hi all. Ive nearly finished my level 3 Nail Technology and im eager to build up a kit. I have got quite a few bits already but was wondering if anybody here had any "must haves". The plan is to eventually purchase and use bigger brand products but as im just starting out id like to give some of the budget brands a go. Im particularly interested in electric file and gel polish advice/recommendations. Ive used elite polishes and they are a little hit and miss, but i cant get a big collecton of NSI or shellac yet due to the cost per bottle. Ive decided that the money i make for the first 6 months will go purely on stock/upgrades.

Thanks in advance x

My best bit of advice would be to research & decide on a company you want to use, go on their product training day and if you like it then start spending on just that brand. Otherwise you will end up spending a lot more overall and have a bit of this and a bit of that and no complete system.
Remember, for your insurance and service success, you need to use all the products and light from the same company. Do not be tempted to mix and match as this will lead to poor treatments and early breakdown.

And also buy only from the official suppliers!
:) Good luck!

Hello, im just a beginner any suggestions on websites to shop from?? Im having issues with nail lifting. Im using Mia acrylic and Monomer with gelish deyhydrate.Do any one think thats an issue bc im using a diff brand of dehydrate??

My best bit of advice would be to research & decide on a company you want to use, go on their product training day and if you like it then start spending on just that brand. Otherwise you will end up spending a lot more overall and have a bit of this and a bit of that and no complete system.
Remember, for your insurance and service success, you need to use all the products and light from the same company. Do not be tempted to mix and match as this will lead to poor treatments and early breakdown.

And also buy only from the official suppliers!
:) Good luck!

Thanks so much for your reply. I had no idea all products needed to be the same for insurance :eek:
Do you have any brand preference?

Thank you x

Im still in class for Nail tech so what sites will allow me to purchase supplies other than Ebay and Amazon? Id rather spend money on legit product. It seem like alot of sites I have to have a code. Any escapes??? Please help ..

Im still in class for Nail tech so what sites will allow me to purchase supplies other than Ebay and Amazon? Id rather spend money on legit product. It seem like alot of sites I have to have a code. Any escapes??? Please help ..

I know you can set up a student account at Salon Services, which will let you buy legit, trade supplies.

You can also set up an account with nsi and nail angel. You give them the name of your college/training institution and once they have confirmed you are a student, you will be able to access the products and further training. Nail angel is amazing! Lots of videos x

Ink London also allows to set up a student account so long that you email them to let them know and you send your qualifications after you are done

You can also set up an account with nsi and nail angel. You give them the name of your college/training institution and once they have confirmed you are a student, you will be able to access the products and further training. Nail angel is amazing! Lots of videos x

Awesome thank you very much

Ink London also allows to set up a student account so long that you email them to let them know and you send your qualifications after you are done

Thank you very much

Latest posts

Back