Starting up makeup kit, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bethyrachael

Reaction score
Hi Ladies and Gents, I really hope that somebody could give me alittle advise on what to purchase for my start up make up kit. I'm happy to purchase high end brands and well known products however I am unsure whether it is more cost effective to buy single eyeshadow pans are palettes? I'd love to hear what people think. Thank you, Beth.

Which and what brands do you like? Make up is personal so I suggest you go with a company you like.
Most brands offer professional discounts if you like Mac for example you get a pro discount for a nominal yearly fee.
Which helps a lot with regards to buying a kit.

I think cost wise (speaking for Mac) their pallets are cheaper. And you can just buy the refills once you finished using the pallets. So it works out much cheaper that way.

Their brushes are really lovely as well as smashbox brushes if you looking for eye make up kits.

Good luck.
Have fun ! This is the most exciting part of any shipping in my opinion is make up shipping ! I get so happy I almost start dancing around the shop ! Lol

There are so many high street brands that are great quality. If your all qualified and can apply for a MAC pro card that will save you a fortune. I love MAC foundation, most of my clients are evening glam looks and it just lasts. Their eyeshadows I don’t think are that pigmented. Try make up revolution, freedom made by Tam beauty. It’s sold in Superdrug and the eyeshadows are so pigmented and so cheap. My kit has all sorts of brands in it from Chanel, Mac, to maybaline, mua, make up revolution etc. Find products that work as opposed to looking for a brand name xx

Illamasqua are a fab brand to use, they do a skinbase foundation which is my go to, it’s very high coverage but doesn’t feel heavy. You can get 20-40% off depending on your criteria. Mac also give you 35% off and their products are great. I would deffo get their face and body foundation as it’s very light weight and buildable, perfect for mature skin or those not wanting a heavy look.
For starting out I would get some eyeshadow palettes from Morphe or even sample beauty which is a dupe for them and just as good, very pigmented. You want a basic matte neutral pallet, a shimmery one and posssibly a bright one for starting out then your pretty much covered for any look. For glam/evening looks you’ll probably need some glitters and pigments - peaches and cream do some lovely ones but you can get cheaper ones from NYX (sold in boots) or Lindsay Douglas which are very cheap. Maybaline gel liner is a must and I’d get some lip palettes to start with so you have a broad range of shades. If you need any more help just let me know :) xx

Latest posts

Back