Starting up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minihedges

Reaction score
Hi fellow salon geeks,

I'm new to here so cut me some slack.. Basically looking for some words of wisdom or any useful advice people can help me with. I started mobile hairdressing self employed this month and have a few wee questions to ask...

what and where is best for storage to put all my stock in for going between houses. I have loads of bags I'm using the now and isn't very easy to carry. was wondering if people use suitcase or some form of boxes??

my next question is what is the best way of promoting... I have pretty much been fully booked Fridays & Saturdays but have no luck during the week. I've currently got a facebook page where I have managed to get 223 likes within a week yet no one seems to be booking.. I have also done a competition for a cut & colour once I got 100 likes & share which ended up with over 5000 people seeing the page. I know November can sometimes be a rubbish month due to everyone holding off until Christmas but does anyone have any advice?

Thanks
Minihedges :) x

Hi, I used one of the bags in the pic below for all my tools (surprising how much they hold) and a large canvas shopping bag for the colour & peroxides because the bottles stand up nicley, it always worked for me :) the easiest way to get new clients is to ask existing clients to refer a friend, u could offer them an incentive to say thanks, well done on getting so many likes on your page too! I've recently gone from mobile & opened a salon and Ive struggled to get 50 page likes! How did u get people to like your page? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384455672.322108.jpg

Ah great can you fit all straighteners, brushes, hairdryer etc? I have no idea I set the page up and sent it out to everyone I was friends on facebook. I then done the competition which got me more likes. I have recently done a 10% off if you recommend a friend although It hasn't seem to do the trick.

Hopefully you get more likes, has the salon been busy ?

xx

I seva tool box on wheels from b and q £25 I use the bottom for colours and the top for cutting equipment xx

I use a hairdressing holdall & little pink suitcase.
My website has worked wonders for me, 80% of my clients are from it. Well worth the £5.99 I pay a month. Maybe look into it :)

I use a teal spotty cath kidston weekend bag :) I like things tucked away nice and tidy.
The clients I get usually during the week are woman with small kids or evening work when people get home from work. Tell all of your weekend client to refer you to their friends and family.
Do you have kids? I try to network at the school gate! X

Ah great can you fit all straighteners, brushes, hairdryer etc? I have no idea I set the page up and sent it out to everyone I was friends on facebook. I then done the competition which got me more likes. I have recently done a 10% off if you recommend a friend although It hasn't seem to do the trick.

Hopefully you get more likes, has the salon been busy ?

xx

Yea I fit all mine in there I find the dryer fits best if u put the handle in the bag and let the dryer bit poke out of the top :) I'll defiantly try a competition next I think & then get cracking on a website, yea I've been nicley busy only been open 4 weeks so still waiting for the word to get around the village that were open, maybe you could advertise in mother and toddler groups or community centres too, I advertised in a local adult education centre and got a few clients from it.

Latest posts

Back