State Board exam

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dboo0510

Reaction score
I am a manicuring student about to graduate in 2 weeks. I just got my state board date set for nov 14. I am nervous and worried. I am not so worried about practical but super worried about the written. Any advice for written or practical? I am in CA.

I just took my boards in utah. I'm not sure what California is like but here they are big on sanitation!! Sanitize your hands before and after you open your bag!! The written test was easy! Easier than the one I had to pass with 95% to graduate school.

I am a manicuring student about to graduate in 2 weeks. I just got my state board date set for nov 14. I am nervous and worried. I am not so worried about practical but super worried about the written. Any advice for written or practical? I am in CA.

You have a month and an half to study, so that is good. I would do a google search for sample state board exams and see what pops up. That may give you some ideas of what will be on the exam.

HTH and best of luck! :)

Thanks. I have googled and found lots of places that want you to pay 39.95 for a list of 1500 test questions and answers. I have a study book that i am studying out of right now. Once out of school i am gonna do mini tests everyday and practice practical too. Its just hard not knowing what they will ask.

When I took my written test last year in california there was a lot of questions about the hyponychium and eponychium.
My school, along with my book gave a test book with answers. I studied that the day before and it helped a lot I believe I got a 90%. You'll do great just breathe and relax! Good luck!

Thanks for that link. I will check those videos out after school.

I think we may have gotten the same book. I have a study book with tests and answers in it also. I plan to study every chance i get.

Latest posts

Back