Staying educated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachylady

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was a therapist for around a year and a half but I'm not working in the industry at the moment. At some point in the future I would love to have my own little business but in the meantime I really want to keep learning about the skin & keep up with the industry as we all know how it's constantly changing! Does anyone know of any good websites or industry magazines that would help me with this? I'm just so scared that by the time I go back to the industry I will have forgotten everything I learnt in college [emoji3] I was thinking the International Dermal Institute would be a good place to start. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Following this. I'm still in the industry but I find alot of what I have learnt is slipping. I try and look at my old text books once in a while z

Start with forums like this :)
I've also recently started a blog about skin care so I would say there would be blogs that focus on therapy.

Do you know of any other forums lizpearce? Good idea about the blogs, need to get googling! Where can I find yours? [emoji4]

Well mine is www.microdermathome.com.
I write some buying guides and products reviews related to microdermabrasion and other skin care products, both from experience and from trusted friends.
I recommend also checking some facebook groups, there should be some that actively share information.

Hope this helps!

It does indeed! Thank you [emoji3] Yes, fb is definitely worth a look, can't wait to check out your blog!

Keep reading, do the odd training course, practice treatments on yourself and close friends.

Good advice laurakate [emoji3]

We offer refresher training so if you do fancy dipping your toe back in the beauty water, give us a call x

Thank you squidgernetball. Might just do that [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back