Sterilising as a mobile therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beccalax83

Reaction score
As the title says just wondered how mobile therapists sterilise their tools & equipment?x

I have one of the tall hotdog jars with barbicide in my case, fits the tools perfectly and they are sterilised by the time I reach my next appointment

I have one of the tall hotdog jars with barbicide in my case, fits the tools perfectly and they are sterilised by the time I reach my next appointment

Me too

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This might sound really silly but does it ever leak?

Mine doesn't I just screw lid on really tight. I keep it upright though so it doesn't fall over

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

That sounds perfect! This sounds so stupid do you dilute the barbicide? I've heard different opinions from different therapists.x

We sanitize not sterilize with barbicide ,

2oz concentrate barbicide to 32oz of water , :)

Is it glass jar ? Are you worried about your tools knocking around in jar in back of car maybe breaking glass or dulling and getting blunt ?

Is it glass jar ? Are you worried about your tools knocking around in jar in back of car maybe breaking glass or dulling and getting blunt ?
I was also thinking this.

I have a lock lid plastic large jar. You normally find them in food storage areas in dunelm or similar places. Its never leaked and perfect size for all my tools x

I use a kids much flask u know the Casio ones? Pop cotton wool in the bottom to stop blunting pop barbacide in an wedge it in between bits so it doesn't fall!

hi can i ask, if you put barbicide in to a normal plastic case or tub will it not melt? i am looking for something to take round mobile too

I have a Tall glass in my car that I have a McDonald's cup lid that fits perfect and I stand it up in my cup holder, at the bottom of the cup I put in some cotton pads to stop my tools going blunt and I put a piece of kitchen roll around the inside of the cup (obviously Full the cup up with barbicide first) works a treat when I do mobile clients

I also use to use a jar and put a couple of facial sponges in the bottom to stop eyelash tweezers from blunting!

We sanitize not sterilize with barbicide ,

2oz concentrate barbicide to 32oz of water , :)

I was taught, that sanitizing, is removing, visible bacteria from implements.

When using barbicide, it is disinfecting, by immersion/soaking.

Then sterilising, is removing bacteria by placing implements in container and switching on to reach the high temperature.

Maybe I am wrong, but that is how I remember, when doing barbicide test.😊

I use Mundo power plus I believe it's called.. It's from S2 at a good price, you only use a drop.. A whole bottle is enough to dilute into 10 litres, my educator said it disinfects much quicker than barbicide and only needs changing either every 5 or 7 days (can't remember) I also use their disinfectant spray for surfaces and the disinfectant spray for files.. It's really good :) x

I use Mundo power plus I believe it's called.. It's from S2 at a good price, you only use a drop.. A whole bottle is enough to dilute into 10 litres, my educator said it disinfects much quicker than barbicide and only needs changing either every 5 or 7 days (can't remember) I also use their disinfectant spray for surfaces and the disinfectant spray for files.. It's really good :) x

Hi, can the Mundo disinfectant spray be used to spray on files? X

After each client I brush their file then spray with mundo and works fine. Allow to dry naturally and don't put away in their envelopes till dry.

To clean files you rinse them under a tap use a nail brush and a dab of washing up liquid and give them a good scrub to get rid of all the dust (rinse don't soak!) then leave them on a towel to air dry and give them a spritz with the disinfectant spray... And yes there's 2 sprays I have, 1 advertised for spraying surfaces and one advertised for spraying on files after been washed.. If your asking weather the surface spray can be used for both jobs then probably, but I use both for their advertised purposes... You can keep using your files until they start to wear away and not file properly, 5 maybe more uses per side with a good quality file like a CND kanga board :)
X

Latest posts

Back