Stolen my picture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! I use an app called A Beautiful Mess on my iPad or iPhone. It's awesome for making images of your work POP and you can make a watermark by adding your website and then making it slightly translucent.
I put mine as close to the nails as possible so No one can cut it out but not ON the nails so it hides the art. This is an example of what I mean. You cal also do collages or individual photos and add little phrases or little image things and change the don't style and colour. It works for me :-D

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390016439.111514.jpg

Another example of the little bits and pieces you can add to the photos to jazz it up :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390016868.227440.jpg

Another example of the little bits and pieces you can add to the photos to jazz it up :)

View attachment 53117

Great advice. I must be too honest for my own good. I am shocked by this thread. I wouldn't even think of passing others work/photos off as mine. I do look at photos on google for inspiration/current trends, but I only ever post pictures of my own work.

Just to add onto this...I've just seen on Facebook one of my younger clients also a beautician (but out of work) set up her own beauty Facebook page and put all the pictures of nails id done on her passing them off as her own!!! What would you geeks do?! X

You could:

Ask the new nail tech to remove them, if she does not then report the pictures to Facebook as your intellectual property.

Great advice. I must be too honest for my own good. I am shocked by this thread. I wouldn't even think of passing others work/photos off as mine. I do look at photos on google for inspiration/current trends, but I only ever post pictures of my own work.

There is a lady in my town who is qualified but does disastrous work to the point where she has had to post her certificate online to prove she is qualified. She posts random nail photos on her page without captions next to them to gain more interest and when people tell her she does good work she doesn't correct them that it's not her pic. When she posts her real photos it's just horrible. Some people just want to ride coat tails because they would rather do that than work and better themselves to make sure they really do earn what they're paid.

You're work is OBVIOUSLY good. Otherwise someone wouldn't be trying to ride you like a pony all the way to the bank haha but yes I do watermark all photos that I put on my business page now. However I posted a pic on my personal profile the other day and a friend of mine took it, edited off my writing detailing who's nails they were and what they were done with and reposted it asking if anyone that lived near her could do it. THATS when I started watermarking. Always too close to the nails that it can't be removed but not sitting ON the nails so it detracts from the work. I don't care if she IS a friend. That's my work. Don't edit my photos for your own personal use hahah

Hi about a week ago I found a nail tech in my area had taken my picture cut my name off and put nails by .... and her name.!! If this happened to you what would you do?? Xxxx:lol:

I responded to an earlier post, within this thread, thanking for the advice on watermarking and saying how shocked I was that people would use photos of other peoples work.
I clicked on the wrong button and rather ironically, it now could be taken that this was my post. Apologies to Sammienails for my mistake, I wasn't stealing the post, and a big thank you for raising a very informative thread. Also the 'like' was to show my support on the subject, and not to be flippant.

Last edited:
I use photomarkr free on iPhone, not banner at the bottom x

Latest posts

Back