Stolen my picture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After telling me it was not my nails it was hers ,was not Evan my clients nails it was mine lol I told her if she does not remove them I will post in every group to do with Blackpool she admitted they was mine and said it was just because she had copied the design on her cousin and forgot to take a picture. I no a few other techs in my area got in touch saying they had problems with her going down there Facebook page and adding all there clients to hers. I don't mind her copying the picture I got it from google ,I would of told her the name of the colours if she would of asked hate when people do things like this if your good your clients will stay and bring you new ones reputation is a big thing !doing things like that will make a lot of clients disrespect you in my eyes :( thanks for all the advice is there a good watermark app for phones ? Xxxx

I use iwatermark. A friend took the background out of my logo so I can place it OVER the image without losing any of the image - always put a watermark over it not underneath or it can (and will) be cropped out! Now I no longer have issues with finding my pics on other pages claiming to be their work! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1382085202260.jpg
    1382085202260.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 582
I use iwatermark. A friend took the background out of my logo so I can place it OVER the image without losing any of the image - always put a watermark over it not underneath or it can (and will) be cropped out! Now I no longer have issues with finding my pics on other pages claiming to be their work! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Off the subject but those nails are stunning x

Them nails are lovely !! Xxx

I downloaded Iwatermark but when I press save, its asks me to name it which I do then press save, but I cant find it anywhere in my photos :confused:

I downloaded Iwatermark but when I press save, its asks me to name it which I do then press save, but I cant find it anywhere in my photos :confused:

I think you are saving the watermark, not the photo. When you want to watermark a photo choose, select photos when you first open the app. Choose your photo and press done. Then go to iWatermark photo. Click watermarks, bottom of the screen, middle tab. Select which watermark you want. Place the watermark where you want and then click the save button. You now select, save to photo library and when you go into your photos it should be there. Hope this helps.

thanks so much hun just tried the way you said and its working now xx

anyone know how I can replace my posted pics on FB with my new watermarked ones, i loaded them as posts not as a photo album

Last edited:
This has happened to me twice! It really frustrated me so it took some time to get across a polite message at first. I've seen photos of mine on other people's twitter and facebook account and all I did was politely message them asking them to remove the photo's or else I would take the case further :)

Someone on here has got a really nice watermark which goes around the fingertip! Can anyone advise which app achieves this effect as i think I've downloaded the world and his wife and not found it! Thx xx

Copyright your pictures - The easiest way to copyright your own photos is to mark them on the back with your information and the word copyright. You can mail yourself your photos and not open them, the postmark copyrights them for you and mark the envelope with whats inside

I'm not sure which app that one is but I use Watermarkr which allows me to do this ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384932736.275104.jpg hth :)

You can also change it around ....ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384932880.547932.jpg

I use umark I downloaded for a few pounds onto my laptop, if it's copyright It is illegal to take and could end up in a court of law, i also do photography as a hobby and have had ppl take my photos off Facebook you can also reduce the photo size so when they try to print it out it comes out minute or blurry

I went to a nail tech a few yrs ago, which is actually what made want to train as I was sure I could do a better job! Any way on her fb page she has one pic of nails she has done, all others (I'm pretty sure!) are ones that are nabbed from somewhere else, for starters her work is no where near the quality of the work she has pictures of, and they are also very proffessional pictures that are obviously studio produced, looking like they're from a magazine.(eyelashes too which u can definitely tell if they're proffesional pics or not!!) you can tell the difference in photo quality compared to her own work. I feel sorry for all the people going to her thinking her work is very vey high standard the getting the opposite, how ever do people like that keep going and get return customers?? Gives nail techs a bad name. But on the flip side hopefully I can be better and will have genuine pics, I don't see her as competition as I know my work is better even though I'm only just qualified in gel enhancements! I'm so looking forward to extending my knowledge and being the best I can so others look at me as their competition 😃

Could anyone on here please help me!
I rented at a salon & was in control of the facebook page, I put all my pictures on there (mostly nails and eyelashes). I have recently left & had been deleted off the facebook page as an admin so I couldn't delete my work. I have have asked but nothing has been taken down yet. Can I report these to Facebook? I just don't want my pictures being viewed once a new lady starts there thinking it's her work when it isn't!!
Thanks, B xx

Just to add onto this...I've just seen on Facebook one of my younger clients also a beautician (but out of work) set up her own beauty Facebook page and put all the pictures of nails id done on her passing them off as her own!!! What would you geeks do?! X

Latest posts

Back