Stomper in flat above my treatment room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhaylzxx

Reaction score
I am just after afew ideas really as the guy in the flat above my salon is very heavy footed which means I can hear him walking around which probably wouldnt be too bad if my lights didn't shake (making my eyes go funny) and it makes them rattle which really irritates me. So I have decided to look for floor standing lights does anyone light their treatment room with just these type of lights? I am looking at doing like ceiling drape things too for when I take the light fittings out so there is something nice on the ceiling. I think the building once upon a time was just a house which has now been split so the stairs to the flat run down my treatment room wall. Does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce some of the noise I know its practically impossible to soundprood but just so its not so loud?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Or has anybody had a treatment room sound proofed. I know it is a costly thing to have done but it will be so much better. I still have 4 years on the lease and if it were nice and quiet it would make me want to stay longer. So really as an investment.

Or has anybody had a treatment room sound proofed. I know it is a costly thing to have done but it will be so much better. I still have 4 years on the lease and if it were nice and quiet it would make me want to stay longer. So really as an investment.

I bet he hasn't got underlay under his carpet. It's not expensive to get an insulated ceiling. Look at insulated conservatories. I'm sure they could do something for your room regardless whether it's a conservatory or not. Suspended ceilings with insulation is always another way.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm just leaving my current room for a number of similar reasons. Girl upstairs is really loud, the heating in the beauty room is linked to the flat upstairs so when she turns it on, its on. When she turns it off - its off!

My room was a through way to the communal kitchen for the hairdressers - all the hair was trailed through - nightmare. The noise from the hairdressers was beyond anything I could have imagined.

I spent ages wondering how to fix all these things but the complaints from clients was the last straw - banging, shouting, swearing when I was trying to do relaxation treatments. I leave on Saturday and big weight is off my shoulders.

I hope you find a solution but sometimes its a struggle!

Great thank you for the idea virtues I will look into it. It really is mainly the ceiling. Ideally in the future he will move out and I will expand upstairs too. It sounds like hes been doing weights tonight, very irritating.

The flat upstairs from me has a washing machine that walks a cross the room... Or so it sounds, got my own back when It flooded and I realised the water stop cock was on my premises,.,let it run just long enough to need my ceiling redone and her floor lol. Does he have carpets even? Might be sanded floors or laminates which are not allowed in some upstairs properties now.

It does sound like there is no carpet. I am going to try and find someone togive me a quote for suspended ceiling.

I worry too as I have a little room next to a timeshare swimming pool so it can get really noisy with kids. I'm still trying to find the times that only adults swim there! But I am v intolerant to noise. Other people won't mind or just zone out.

Latest posts

Back