Storing acrylic brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsBB2013

Reaction score
Hi Ladies
Little bit of advice for storing your acrylic brush when mobile??? I am still in training and basically my brush has touched the side of the case and bent on the end. It's ruined I cannot get it back into shape. How can I stop this happening again? X

I don't offer acrylic anymore, but when I did I stored mine in a folded piece of couch roll, then placed it in a brush case (worm coffin) x

I have the nail harmony 2 piece brush and the handle detaches and acts as a brush case when not in use. x

I use the Nail Artists UK French Twister brush and that is the same... It is in two pieces and one piece is either the handle or the brush case x

I have gone for the nail harmony two piece. The original one I ruined was nail harmony too x

Someone on her advised to briefly dip the damaged brush in boiled water then reshape. Not great for the brush but if it's ruined it's worth a try. It worked with mine x

Travel Toothbrush holder works like a dream! X

Think it's past the boiled water but will keep it in mind! Honestly I am so annoyed! I thought I put it safe but it had obviously been pressed against someone and its just right at the tip almost a 90 degree angle x

If it's only a few strands bent out of shape I have been known to give mine a little haircut!!! [emoji33][emoji418]️ (works though) x

Think it's past the boiled water but will keep it in mind! Honestly I am so annoyed! I thought I put it safe but it had obviously been pressed against someone and its just right at the tip almost a 90 degree angle x
I left mine in and forgot about it and the tip was really bent and it straightened out perfectly x

Boiling water will re shape your brush (really does work!) - I store mine in a CND Brush case even though I don't do freelance anymore, I used to use a tooth brush case - it was metal base with plastic rubbery lid with a tiny air hole at one end, a piece of blue tack to stick the brush handle to which stops your brush moving around - or alternatively Cuccio /asp have a master brush set in a case that's cheap [emoji4]

I think I might try the boiling water then, I have bought a new brush but at least if it gets straightened out I have a back up! X

I left mine in and forgot about it and the tip was really bent and it straightened out perfectly x
Hi sorry i'm asking an entirely different question. I own a salon nd i hve hired a nail tech a month ago.. she just worked 6 days in total cz she wrks in a care home so this is hr part time job. She just asked me yesterday to get a new kolinsky brush fr acrylics.. i can assure it s not used on more thn 5 customers so far cz we get more of shellac customers. Can you please tell me how long an acrylic brush lasts before replacing it wth a new one?

Hi sorry i'm asking an entirely different question. I own a salon nd i hve hired a nail tech a month ago.. she just worked 6 days in total cz she wrks in a care home so this is hr part time job. She just asked me yesterday to get a new kolinsky brush fr acrylics.. i can assure it s not used on more thn 5 customers so far cz we get more of shellac customers. Can you please tell me how long an acrylic brush lasts before replacing it wth a new one?
You've asked this same question on a few threads now, one of which I've replied to. It would be better to start your own single thread then the responses will be just for your question.

I have a foot phobia. I truly find most feet completely and utterely repulsive. I think most feet are really ugly too. Long old hairy toes and stuff........GAKKKKKKKK!!!!!! LOL

And early on my newbie days, in the first salon I was at, we had a tech named Renee. She was doing a pedi on an older client and she came out of the pedi area, literally gagging and her eyes were watering. She said her feet were so disgusting and she didn't think she was going to be able to finish the service! (Hey Sam...where's the "puke" emoticon when you need it! :?: :?: ) I was pretty sure I wasn't going to EVER do a pedicure before that and I was positive it would never happen after that.

So there's the jist of why I don't do feet. I'd much rather clean my horses tootsies with my bare hands ;)
Yeah thnkyou.. xx i wasnt sure if i ll get a reply soon or not.. xx

Latest posts

Back