Storing acrylic products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bel's Gels

Qualified Nail Technician
Reaction score
I do acrylic nails on a weekend basis in my home salon.

I would like peoples suggestions on how I should store my monomer and polymers between uses.

Should the monomer be disposed of at the end of each weekend when I close up shop for the week or can it be left in the dappen dish that has a lid? How often do techs clean out their monomer dishes and replace completely with new liquid?

Also with the polymers is it okay to leave them in the crystal dappen dishes, also with lids or should they be in air tight containers.

Obviously I want to keep my products in top condition for my clients to ensure he best application results, but being frugal is a good thing too as the products are expensive.

I do acrylic nails on a weekend basis in my home salon.

I would like peoples suggestions on how I should store my monomer and polymers between uses.

Should the monomer be disposed of at the end of each weekend when I close up shop for the week or can it be left in the dappen dish that has a lid? How often do techs clean out their monomer dishes and replace completely with new liquid?

Also with the polymers is it okay to leave them in the crystal dappen dishes, also with lids or should they be in air tight containers.

Obviously I want to keep my products in top condition for my clients to ensure he best application results, but being frugal is a good thing too as the products are expensive.

The way to be frugal with your monomer is to only use small amounts at a time and then gauge it for your weekend clients so that you are pretty much at the last drop in the dish by the end of your last service. The secret is to just use the amount you need and top up while using so that you have enough to work with but not so much that you have allot of waste at the end of your weekend work.

You should dispose of any left over monomer and wash out your dish until the next use. Monomer evaporates even in a covered dappen dish and then it is not the same as fresh monomer plus any left over monomer is contaminated with a certain amount of polymer, so best to get rid.

As far as your powder is concerned ... dampness is the killer for powder ... as long as it is stored in an ambient temperature and in dry conditions then powder will last for years (mind you, I hope it doesn't. I hope you use it up and make lots of cash). :D

Thank you geeg for your advice.

I thought that might be the case with the monomer and as I have had a bad reaction to some monomers I am pretty light handed with it so that I can dispose of it daily.

As I live in Australia the climate is not extreme, mainly hotter than hot summers! So I am glad that I can keep them in the crystal dishes because I like to have my powders 3/4 full for ease of application. I also keep them in a drawer between uses so it sounds like they should be okay stored that way.

Thank you once again for answering my post.

Latest posts

Back