Streaky tan eeek !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angeldust39

Reaction score
HI PEEPS NEED SOME ADVICE HERE, BEEN DOING TANS FOR A WEE WHILE NOW AND NOT HAD ANY PROBLEM YET I DO MY SISTER AND MY NIECE AND FOR SOME REASON BOTH WOKE UP ORANGE AND STREAKY ?? WITH WHITE PATCHES. I USED THE LIGHTEST OF DHA AS BOTH ARE SKINT TONED PALE SKINNED AND DID IT WELL, CHECKED FOR ANY THING WRONG AND MADE SURE WAS DRY, EXPLAINED NOT TO RUB AT TAN, NOT TO BATHE FOR 8HOURS PLUS AND WHEN LEAVING THE TAN LOOKED FINE. DID MY DAUGHTER TWO DAYS BEFORE AND TAN WAS LOVELY, SAME PRODUCT.... ITS KNOCKED MY CONFIDENCE A BIT DUNNO WHAT TO DO
:rolleyes:

HI PEEPS NEED SOME ADVICE HERE, BEEN DOING TANS FOR A WEE WHILE NOW AND NOT HAD ANY PROBLEM YET I DO MY SISTER AND MY NIECE AND FOR SOME REASON BOTH WOKE UP ORANGE AND STREAKY ?? WITH WHITE PATCHES. I USED THE LIGHTEST OF DHA AS BOTH ARE SKINT TONED PALE SKINNED AND DID IT WELL, CHECKED FOR ANY THING WRONG AND MADE SURE WAS DRY, EXPLAINED NOT TO RUB AT TAN, NOT TO BATHE FOR 8HOURS PLUS AND WHEN LEAVING THE TAN LOOKED FINE. DID MY DAUGHTER TWO DAYS BEFORE AND TAN WAS LOVELY, SAME PRODUCT.... ITS KNOCKED MY CONFIDENCE A BIT DUNNO WHAT TO DO
:rolleyes:

whatever you do don't loose confidence just because of this...this is how we learn..by mistakes .
You managed to do your daughters which came out fine ..this therefore sounds like a customer problem...did they undertake proper pre spray tan prep??
Maybe if this was a lighter % did you perhaps miss some areas on the white bits and over spray on the orange areas(usually associated with to much spray tan application)
I would strongly advise that you ask them back and have a look at them personely..if needs be touch up here and there
HTH :hug:

HI COLLIN
I ASKED HER BACK AND SHE SAID JUST TO LEAVE IT AS WITH HER BEING A BIT OVERWEIGHT DOESNT LIKE PEOPLE TO SEE HER, AND SAID WOULD JUST GET HER TOP HALF DONE AFTER THIS AS NOONE SEES HER LEGS. :rolleyes: I ASKED HER IF SHE HAD EXFOLIATED, MOISTURISED ETC THE DAY BEFORE SHE SAID YES, AND WHEN SPRAYING MADE SURE I OVER LAPPED LIKE I ALWAYS DO TOOK BOTH OF THEM OUT THE BOOTH AND LOOKED AT THEM ALL OVER INCASE WHITE PATCH NOTHING, BOTH ARE TAKING MEDICATION SO DONT KNOW IF THAT COULD AFFECT IT DONT KNOW WHY IT WOULD BE ORANGE EITHER AS WHEN SPRAYING OTHERS THE LIGHTER DOESNT DRY ORANGE:confused:,,,, THANKS FOR ADVICE :hug:

were they in tight clothes as this can cause streaks and lines as i had that with one client and a pair of jeans ..... don't ask lol. No but if you are always having gr8 tans then i agree with collin may be lighter dha or client skin problems but dont worry we all get hick ups xx

were they in tight clothes as this can cause streaks and lines as i had that with one client and a pair of jeans ..... don't ask lol. No but if you are always having gr8 tans then i agree with collin may be lighter dha or client skin problems but dont worry we all get hick ups xx

hi moosey not in tight clothes oh ive had the jeans ones with the tight jeans and top haha.....both my niece and sister are over weight and sweat a bit so wondering if this could have caused the streaking, i dont now just knocked me a bit as im meant to doing lots of tanning parties and worried now for the orange and the streaks ill tan myself tonight and see how it dries but not had a prob with it with my friends and daughter.. :hug: thanks x

i have had clients that sweat and get patches but they aare in the obvious places and so i just dab with a mit and respray lighly but you would see that .... im trying to think of the orange tint ... skins are different and maybe meds have altered their reaction but cause ya not sure what it is hard sorry cany be much more help hun will try and have a loook see around net for ya xx

HI COLLIN
I ASKED HER BACK AND SHE SAID JUST TO LEAVE IT AS WITH HER BEING A BIT OVERWEIGHT DOESNT LIKE PEOPLE TO SEE HER, AND SAID WOULD JUST GET HER TOP HALF DONE AFTER THIS AS NOONE SEES HER LEGS. :rolleyes: I ASKED HER IF SHE HAD EXFOLIATED, MOISTURISED ETC THE DAY BEFORE SHE SAID YES, AND WHEN SPRAYING MADE SURE I OVER LAPPED LIKE I ALWAYS DO TOOK BOTH OF THEM OUT THE BOOTH AND LOOKED AT THEM ALL OVER INCASE WHITE PATCH NOTHING, BOTH ARE TAKING MEDICATION SO DONT KNOW IF THAT COULD AFFECT IT DONT KNOW WHY IT WOULD BE ORANGE EITHER AS WHEN SPRAYING OTHERS THE LIGHTER DOESNT DRY ORANGE:confused:,,,, THANKS FOR ADVICE :hug:

Thats odd as she was happy for you to see her when you first applied the tan..explain that when you spray you don't actually look at the size of the body and that you focus on tanning so she shouldn't worry about being self consiouse..you see all shapes and sizes.

From what you are saying about how you have applied the tan it does sound as if this is a specific customer problem...reiterate the pre and post tan recommendations which should go a long way in assisting the problem.

Whatever happens dont let this get you down..just because your having problems with two customers it shouldn't dent your confidence...the most effective way of gaining your confidence back is to try and resolve the problem with these customers..that way you will feel you have won the day and your confidence level will rise again.
Likewise look at how many successfully tans you have applied to date.
Keep up the good work :hug:

Latest posts

Back