Stripping-recolouring-highlighing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlottexx

Reaction score
Hi,

Just need a bit of advice. i have a client booked in tomorrow, she has numerous build up of colour on her very long hair, the colour now is very dark brown, she hasn't put a colour on for about year so she has significant natural regrowth.

She wants her natural hair colour back (or very close to it)- which is mousy brown- then she wants blonde highlights put in.

This is what i planned to do, please can you advise me different if you feel there is a better method.....

1.use the rusk elimin8 colour remover (I have used this before and it is very effective)

2. if natural/desired colour is not achieved; then put on a goldwell 6n or 7n mixed with 6a to counteract any brassiness.

3. put in bleach highlights.

obviously if the stripper lifts the hair to a nice colour then i will not be using step 2.

any one have any advice? colour corrections are few and far between for me so feeling a bit anxious.

thanks

HairBy Charlotte xx

Do the highlights with 1.9% or 3% straight after the colour remover then flood inbetween with your chosen ash shade. Better like that using low strength developer cos it takes a while putting the foils in then flooding then colour development time. The Midlengths and ends with old box dye on are more likely to go a light orange/ dark yellow colour when highlighted so be prepared to have to tone the foils too.

Agree with above comment. Highlights with a low peroxide moving up in strength as you get to top of the head then flood with desired colour. Once at the basin after all foils are removed add a little water and really mix all the colours together - this will also tone your highlights at the same time not making them as harsh looking. Comes out good every time and less time consuming :)

Thanks guys. Will do that method... Sounds much more effective.

Will post a before and after pic later x

Latest posts

Back