Struggling to get waxing models

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustStef2016

Reaction score
Hello Salon Geeks, I am looking for a bit of friendly advice on here. I am currently studying a level 2 in beauty at a private college in North London and doing the waxing unit at the moment. I am struggling to find models to come in for a wax. I understand that people do not want to be waxed by a student but actually 80% of the people I have asked don't wax, won't wax and have never waxed. I find ths quite weird especially as most of them go on several holidays a year! I was wondering if anyone else has struggled to get models for waxing and whether it is maybe going out of fashion waxing? I always assumed waxing was a popular treatment in a salon?
I hope to hear from some of you soon
Many thanks in advice

Stef x

I found it difficult too. For me it was that people I know didn't want to be waxed by someone they know. It was awkward for them. They also didn't want to have a teacher pop in and watch or do it in a room full of other students even with cubicle curtains up.
It's hard. Try bribing them lol!
I think many young people don't want the slightly hairy time between waxes. My friends say they shave everyday! Crazy imo.

I found it difficult too. For me it was that people I know didn't want to be waxed by someone they know. It was awkward for them. They also didn't want to have a teacher pop in and watch or do it in a room full of other students even with cubicle curtains up.
It's hard. Try bribing them lol!
I think many young people don't want the slightly hairy time between waxes. My friends say they shave everyday! Crazy imo.
I don't understand not to wax! I might say come in for like nails and waxing ? Soften it a little bit? Maybe it is the slight hairy ness that bothers them! I can understand the Bikini and stuff . Is it a popular treatment the waxing for you as a therapist? Thanks for reply x

Latest posts

Back