Struggling-under eye gel patches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I am having horrendous struggles placing the salon systems gel patches under the eyes, covering the lower lashes. I can get the lashes covered but then it creeps up and almost sticks in the eye.

Any tips please? Are some patches easier or better shaped? Mine are below

I tried microporous tape which was ok but hard to get off - should I use Vaseline beneath or won't it stick?

This was what I struggled with most with on my course too [emoji85]

Are these the ones that are shaped odd?

Oops forgot to post pic
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1489187469.379729.jpg

Blossom can I say from a clients point of view I've had both and none are particularly comfortable however I'm always put off salons that use tape and don't go back.
That may be me just being fussy though...

I use them from a certain seller on eBay and have done for years with no problems if they still struggle to stick I brush on a teeny tiny bit of duo clear lash adhesive to the bit that goes near eye and stick on then wipe away under the eyes if necessary with a non oily eye makeup remover at end.

I've used the marvel ones in the past and found them awful and too thick, wrong shape etc.

Blossom can I say from a clients point of view I've had both and none are particularly comfortable however I'm always put off salons that use tape and don't go back.
That may be me just being fussy though...
No I completely agree, it felt a bit "bodge it" when I tried it on my daughter. But they did teach it was ok on the course!

I've got my first client on Tuesday so no harm done thankfully ;). Thanks for that perspective :)

I use them from a certain seller on eBay and have done for years with no problems if they still struggle to stick I brush on a teeny tiny bit of duo clear lash adhesive to the bit that goes near eye and stick on then wipe away under the eyes if necessary with a non oily eye makeup remover at end.

I've used the marvel ones in the past and found them awful and too thick, wrong shape etc.
Thank you for that! Would you be sweet enough to post a pic of yours so I can see what shape to aim for? These ones do seem a bit peculiar! And enormous! (Although I like the fact that it's a moisturising treatment as well)

I always detack son micro pore tape so it's my very sticky and place these over the lashes first then the pads. Since doing this I find the pads stay put :) also I can't get on with the marvel Lash pads you have there either. I've been using Lash base, they are very thin compared to the marvel Lash ones cx

I use Flirties gel patches...they are a different shape to yours. They sit very nicely and always stay put.

I've ordered some flirties ones, hope to have them by Tuesday with any luck, maybe I'll be able to cut the marvel ones to the same shape! ;)

I use the pads then apply micropore tape over the pads securing the bottom lashes. And it holds them

These are what I use, it's lovely the marvel ones are an eye treatment too but I think my clients prefer the fact their eyes don't stick together....

I use tape only when someone dislikes the pads (get the odd one that doesn't like the feel of them and actually prefers the tape)

Have used the flirties ones before they are ok but super expensive I thought for what they are

Attachments

• 1489260558230.jpg
    1489260558230.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Thank you pinknsparkly x

Thank you Angelina.
I've received the flirties ones and they are heaps better!

Will be investigating others too!

I use silk patches.

Works great from eBay.

Latest posts

Back