Struggling with pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeupmorris

Reaction score
I am pretty sure this topic has cropped up a million times. But I am a newly qualified tech in ProHesion acrylic and Gelish. I plan to go mobile offering evening appointments and I was wondering what is considered the 'norm' where pricing is concerned. I plan to charge £15 for Gelish on natural nails, £25 for acrylic extensions including Gelish. There is an NSS salon not too far from me that offer 'acrylics with gel polish' for £24, that can complete treatments in 30 minutes! It takes me 2 hours to complete an acrylic set, longer if I sculpt - I am very thorough on my prep work! I am terrified already of the competition in my area but at the same time I don't want to under-sell myself. Tonight I have infilled for a client I applied L&P sculpts on 4 weeks ago whilst I was practising for my assessment. She had no lifting whatsoever and I was so proud that they had lasted so long. Lack of confidence is a big thing for me. I would love some advice! X

For Gelish in my area it's well above the £20 mark and £30 for extensions as I do them thoroughly. Unless if you introduce like one off teaser offers, then it's ok, but don't stick to those prices as they are too low and you might give the wrong impression that you are an NSS charging low prices.

Depends on the area your working in I would never drop bellow £30 for extensions! it's a time consuming professional service if you set your self above people with a higher price somtimes people see this as better not everyone wants a cheap deal hehe good luck have a look round your area see what other people are charging x

I first trained with nail harmony I think you need to calculate your product costs when looking at charging that amount. They are on the expensive end esp the acrylic. Don't compete with the nss salon. They won't be using the same level of products amongst other things they wont be doing right. Some ppl will continue to go there but that's fine you want clients that want to come to you. Its ok to charge more. I had two clients who had only ever been to nss salons and they didn't book back in, cos its a different kind of experience they obvs wanted to continue to have rock hard potentially dangerous acrylic back on their nails with poor hygiene procedures but hey you only need to sit there for 30 mins instead of the 2 hrs their infil and gel polish took me. Sigh xxx

Thanks for the advice everyone. The amount of people I've heard complain about the NSS salon, decided not to pay them anymore thought. I've decided to properly review my prices - I do need to leave myself room for offers I think. X X

Latest posts

Back