Struggling with Swarovski

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnailsbylisax

Reaction score
I am at my wits end with these bloody things. I have done 4 sets (1 on myself) & atleast 1 crystal has come off a day after! I am setting in gel top coat, curing then top coat with striping brush around them & curing again. What the hell am i doing wrong? Could it be because they are hot fix & not non hot fix? I really can't work out why they won't stay put?!

It would more than likely be a problem if hey are hotfix...you need non hotfix crystals
Are you applying them to fingers or toes?x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407791182.718647.jpg
I've just done these and I'm not good with crystals but followed finger nail fixers way of using top coat around each crystal ...... So I will let you know how long they last x

I think iv found the answer!

After weeks of wanting to scream at the little devils iv found a way of getting them to stick...forever!!!

Complete topcoat & wipe then use cnd gel bond & lotsssss of it! No more topcoat, you will lose the sparkle (pointless)

I took mine off last week after 2 weeks and I had to prise them off!

So iv reused them for my latest set :)

It would more than likely be a problem if hey are hotfix...you need non hotfix crystals
Are you applying them to fingers or toes?x

Fingers at the moment but not even getting a day out of them x

The way I do it is to base, cure, colour, cure, top coat set the crystals in the uncured layer then cure. I would then put a normal topcoat over as I find this doesn't take the shine away, I've never had any problems! HTH X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

The way I do it is to base, cure, colour, cure, top coat set the crystals in the uncured layer then cure. I would then put a normal topcoat over as I find this doesn't take the shine away, I've never had any problems! HTH X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

That's what i'm doing but minus normal topcoat. I might try that. Running out of ideas & i really want to master it :( x

Latest posts

Back