Stubborn cuticle and brittle nails with Shellac-help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Hi I have a regular shellac client who has really tough stubborn cuticle! She comes every 2 wks and it takes so long to remove. I recommended that she use solar oil daily and maybe next time to have a manicure but then thought as I have to do the prep dry for shellac thats not really going to help as she could do with a good warm oil bath and masque. She also commented on her nails becoming a bit more brittle since wearing shellac regularly as they keep breaking. Any advice pls? x

You can use cuticle remover. Just make sure to remove it properly afterwards and dehydrate the nail. Dry prep just isn't possible on some people.
Her nails shouldn't be weaker but they may be dryer. Does she use her cuticle oil?

Get some CND cuticle away, best cuticle remover in my opinion & can be used before shellac application.

You could also retail Cuticle Erase which she can apply each night and will help reduce stubborn cuticle and dry eponychium.

Latest posts

Back