Stupid hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
popped over from beauty for some advice. As per usual (i should have learned my now) I have put a box dye on my hair, 2 shades lighter than what i wanted as recommended by a hairdresser, left it on my roots for 35mins and then spread it through the rest of my hair for 10 mins.....

The colour was Garnier Nutriesse iced coffee....my roots (about an inch) have gone red, and the rest has gone black
:eek:

So now I am going to get it professioanlly stripped. I have fine thin hair, can anyone tell me whether this will mess my hair up? And whether ill go ginger!!

frankie-sandford-hair-2010.jpg

I want to achieve this colour after I get it stripped but every time i go to a hairdressers it goes wrong so im really sceptical. What do i ask for?

Also, my hair takes colour SO quickly. a light brown will go black so im worried as the last time i had my hair dyed at a salon it went about 2 shades too dark despite me telling the woman colouring it about the problem.

Should i get them to do a strand test first and should they do this complimentary anyway?

Thanks x

It is difficult to comment without seeing your hair. We take alot into consideration when doing a colour, or in your case, stripping it.
If you were my client, and your hair was in decent condition, i would bleach bath your hair.This will gently strip some of your old colour out.

It doesn't matter if your hair takes quickly, the target shade shouldn't be any different.

I would then apply a colourtouch, possibly 6/75. This would depend also on what natural undertones you have in which case i would analyse this and tailor make a colour just for you.

This is why it is ALWAYS best to go to a salon to have a colour change.
As a professional, it gets very tedious constantly doing colour correction to due people experimenting at home!
I know it's expensive, but it's worth it.

I regularly carry out strand test if either the client, or i am unsure of the result. Any decent hairdresser will do this for you.

Hope this helps.

Just an observation... Had you and a colour on your hair previously to putting the most recent one on? If that was the case... Was the previous colour darker than the latest you placed on?

The reason I as is when I was 15 years old & before I understood anything about colour... I had dyed my hair a dark red & then 4 weeks later I decided I wanted to be lighter and coloured it a lighter shade of red. I ended up with lighter red roots and dark ends.

The moral of that story was... Get a professional to colour my hair and not do it myself. A box of colour doesn't come with years of experience and knowledge! In the end I had to get the mid lengths & ends lifted so I could get a more even colour finish.

Rule number one in colouring.... Tint over tint goes darker.

Rule number two.... If you have had a previous colour on your hair and it was darker than the current target shade you are after then you need to take that into consideration! Colour correction is an expensive job & usually comes about by trying to do something that one has no knowledge about (as I learned at my cost).

Back