Suggested hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbfhpunk

Reaction score
hi, wondering if anyone can help.
I always thought my hair was dark brown I've been dyeing it since I was 14 - 32 now - but with my roots growing back its a light brown almost dark blonde.

I've always had it either black or purpley reds but now just want a change.

My skin is very very fair, I look almost dead with black hair and my eyes are quite blue. I'm thinking of going for my more natural colour which I guess would be like this http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/03/04/drewbarrymore_narrowweb__300x311,0.jpg drew not oprah!! do you think it would suit, I've had blonde hair before that went quite coppery and it was obvious I have pinky undertones.

I love the extreme look of the black or red with the pale skin but want to be able to wear any colour and as I don't wear too much makeup if I wear any it's just black eyeliner and mascara, am looking for something less harsh and extreme.

Do the think the pic above would suit my hair is short like this http://images.teamsugar.com/files/usr/0/88/kelly-c-11.24.jpg so actually would look something like that!!

Any comments?

go to a hairdresser , if youve had extreme colours its not as easy as just putting another colour over the top . first you have to work out if your skin tone is cool or warm . your hairdresser should be able to help you with achievable shade selection .

A good hair color can make you look more vibrant, complimenting your skin tone, or, it can make you look sickly and washed out. It’s worth your effort to try to determine where you fall in the spectrum of warm or cool and what colors work best for you.
If the veins on your inside wrists are blue . . . you’re most likely a “cool” skin tone. If the veins on your inside wrists are green . . . you’re most likely a “warm” skin tone.
What do cool skin tones look like?
  • <LI itxtvisited="1">True olive complexions, like most Asians. Some Latinos and Afro Americans Brown with pink undertones
    <LI itxtvisited="1">Medium with no color in the cheeks
    <LI itxtvisited="1">Medium with faint pink cheeks
    <LI itxtvisited="1">Medium with golden undertones
    <LI itxtvisited="1">Pale with no color in cheeks
    <LI itxtvisited="1">Pale with pink undertones
  • Brown or bronze when tanned Golden brown when tanned
What color should naturally cool people avoid?
  • Avoid gold, yellow, red and bronze tones, which can make you sallow and drawn.
    <LI itxtvisited="1">What colors will complement a cool skin tone?
    • <LI itxtvisited="1">The best shades, depending on the depth of the colors in your skin tone are;
      • <LI itxtvisited="1">Cool reds, as in burgundy or bordeaux
      • Intense browns with a warm base, like red or blonde to the brown.
      • Highlight with cool shades like, wheat, honey or taupe or a cool ash brown.
    What do warm skin tones look like?
    • <LI itxtvisited="1">Some Latinos and Afro Americans Brown with golden undertones
    • Pale with peach or gold undertones
    • Golden brown when tanned
    What color should naturally warm skin toned people avoid?
    • Naturally warm people should avoid blue, violet, white and jet-black hair. These colors next to your skin can make you look washed out.
    What colors will most complement warm skin tones?
    • The best shades for you, depending on the depth of the colors in your undertones are;
      • Deep rich browns like, chocolate, chestnut or auburns as a base. Highlight with warm golds and reds or copper.
    Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back