Sumup card reader

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephanieM

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if any of you have the sumup card reader to take mobile payments? i've just ordered my free reader ( im on a blackberry)- any info is much appreciated

Thanks in advance
xx

Hey iv got mine about a month and it's amazing and my customers love it, very easy to use too! Everyone should have one!!

Does anyone else use this? I've just ordered one :) x

Been looking at this. But app views mixed. Would love to know how you get on.?

I ordered one and found it didn't work with my Phone ( wrong version of gingerbread? )

hated the system as well, the customer would get a link to their smart phone asking them to long on to a site to authorise the transaction (!!!!)
Many of my 60year old clients don't have smart phones.:D But they do have debit cards and would like to pay with them!

Went with world pay..fantastic.

Pay £60 for proper chip&pin machine.
Pairs to my mobile phone.
Clients use the c&p machine as normal.
I can send them an e-mail recipt

money in my bank about 3 days later.

amazing!

As I'm new to chip and pin not sure how well it will work but just think...clients may be more likely to buy a course of treatments and products on debit/credit card.:lick:

Hazelb can i ask which system u have ? Been trying to read reviews on which one and my head is gone lol so mich info so hard to decide between them all ;( xx

I've just got my sum up but haven't used it yet as waiting for my account to be verified. Is everyone having good experiences with it??

Can anyone tell me how many days the money will take to reach my account? I just order one to try but cannot find information about time?
Thx

It takes a week or so before they transfer to you and then it takes a day or so, in total I would say 8-9 days but be aware it takes a while to set up and verify your account so because I started using it before I could receive payouts it took a bit longer for me. You have to reach a minimum if £40 in a day or they roll it over to the next. And be aware the bank might charge you. Mine charge £6 flat rate for Ny transfers out in for over £100. It comes from a German bank. In my opinion still worth the great service and low percentage with no line rental xx

I ordered one and never used it. Didn't like the fact that it texts clients a link and then they have to faff around putting card details into some website which i thought looked a bit dodgy. Also money takes a week to clear. Why? Because they're earning interest off YOUR money, that's why it's cheap with free reader and no monthly fee. I went to Barclaycard instead. Free mobile chip and pin terminal, a well known trusted secure bank and money clears in about 3-4 days.

Everyone earns interest off your money so you will get it regardless. I personally send the text to myself and type the details in myself, there is no difference to paying online for something and I explain to my clients that it has level 1 Internet dss secure payments which is the highest you can get. Obviously it is MUCH easier with MasterCard, but sumup have told me they are working on the visa. The app is great, keeps track if all my money including the cash and all I have to do is download the spreadsheet at the end of the month.

Personally i love it and so do my clients , but I can see how some people might not.

Ok I received the reader today, I'm a bit confuse with few thinks
1 I send £1 from my husband account to try, when I will see. It in my account ?
2 I understand I need to receive £40 for the money to be transferred to my account but if my first payment is £50 when I will see it?
3 will I be charge every time the money come in to my account £6? I have a normal personal account..
Thanks in advance for your help.
Thx
Sofia

Sumup have to verify your account first. If you call them or email them they are very helpful. You have to send identification.

I received my first payout after about 10 days, they email you an invoice and the money was in my account within 24 hours. Since then I pretty much receiver payouts every other day if I've gone over the threshold.

I have a personal current account with hsbc and they charge me £6 for any transaction that's over £100

Sumup have to verify your account first. If you call them or email them they are very helpful. You have to send identificatio

I received my first payout after about 10 days, they email you an invoice and the money was in my account within 24 hours. Since then I pretty much receiver payouts every other day if I've gone over the threshold.

I have a personal current account with hsbc and they charge me £6 for any transaction that's over £100

They've send the card reader and an code to activate my account and then after activation they said is ready to use, they didn't ask for any other
document...I tried to

Sorry didn't finish the post...I tried one payment from my husband card, sure I call them to make sure is ready before use on a client?

But I realise probably I will not use the card reader...

Yes the code is activate so you can use it but they emailed me to confirm further details. It's up to you whether you want to use it or not. Personally I love mine and my clients do too, they are having more treatments and therefore spending more money because they can use a credit card.

Thank you emj you've been very helpful, I just fell a bit worried but I really want to start to use it. ;)
I've been asking clients for cash only but there are a few who like to sent to my bank account but then they just take longer and longer to pay...;(
I hope this can solve that problem.
Will start using from tomorrow

That's why I got mine, bank transfer clients were taking weeks so i only accept cash or card now. It is a bit of waiting to get set up but worth it for me. Once you start using the app you will see how easy it is and love it. Call them if you're not sure, they always help on the phone and reply to emails quickly

Latest posts

Back