sun bed dread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly!!

Reaction score
hi

Think iam in the right place just looking for fellow geeks opions on this so here goes:

I rented my own room inside a nail bar for the past 2 years but the nail tech (and owner) has decided to close. I cant take on the buisness on my own so have to close.
Also i cant go mobile as i cant drive and cant do it at home as i have no room, there also is no other "rent a rooms" locally at the mo and another blow no beauty jobs.

BUT i have been offerd a job in a tanning shop spray tanning and looking after the sunbeds which i have never done but cant be that hard.
My problem is this I HATE sundbeds and eveythink they stand for.

So do i smile and take the job to fill a gap in my life or walk away and have no job and maybe, be foreced in to cleaning or somethink!!!!

many thanks in advance:)

i work in a sunbed shop!! and i dont go on sunbeds!

But i love the job, its easy!!!

But there is a down side like today it is raining been in since 8 no one been in !!!!

But then u could always to that job until you find a room to rent :)

could you not rent a space for nails at this shop, perhaps you could talk to the owner about an agreement wherby you will be there to help out reception etc whilst at the same time set up a nail station so bringing increased traffic through the door.

I couldn't do it myself as I feel the same way, are you sure there isn't another job you could do? unless you can convince everyone to have spray tans rather than the sun bed!

You could take the job and in the meen time look for a fulfilling beauty career. that way you will be ok for a while before finding the perfect job.
x

Take the job,
anyone old enough to use them should know the dangers, and as someone said before you can always talk them into a spray tan, start selling your nails from there.
if you dont take the job, someone else will......

thanks for all your replys and i have today taken the job its good money and the owner has made me cheif spray tanner at the weekends so iam pleased about that and in the meantime iam looking for a beauty job in other locations

thanks again:)

You should see if there is any possibility when the other girls are there that you can set up nails etc somewhere.
At my tanning salon there is a guy who is always busy doing nails, and they do beauty too....money for you, and normally the girls end up using the other facilities

Latest posts

Back