Sun bed lotion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xbeautyx

Reaction score
A client of mine who has a weekly spray tan, i use Sienna, also goes on sunbeds twice a week also! We was talking about her cutting down the sun beds and she was telling me about the lotions she uses and she doesnt have to go on aslong when she uses them. So i know than your skin should be moisturized to tan at its best, but whats the difference between a sunbed lotion and notmal body moisturiser?! Btw i dont go on sun beds just curious x

hello! I don't need to use sunbeds either but oh do they smell amazing. :D

They are great to hydrate the skin as a humectent, they allow your tan to develop 60% more, help protect your skin and allow it to tan at the same time. They way they absorb the sunbed session and release it over a period of time rather than you feeling cooked immediately, really helps! Each sunbed lotion/cream/gel/oil is specified with the rich natural bronzing ingredients to help accelerate/intensify the vitamin d intake. Some of these lotions contain cooling agents, tingle, natural/ DHA bronzers/ toning and firming properties. Don't be alarmed they are great for indoor some are specifically indoor/outdoor, some contain SPF, each one varies. Just a mini blurb of what they do! :cool:

I highly recommend them to clients, they are not cheap and they are very effective especially for people that are prone to burning, it naturally builds you up. If anything they wont strip off a spraytan, just helps to moisturize and prolong it for longer.;) hths xoxo

I am new to sunbeds and have just completed a 60 minute card broken down into 6 minute sessions to start with and progressed to 8 mins. I have yet to see any real tan where my girlfriend who is also fair skin blue eyes blonde hair like me has got a nice tan and went in for less minutes. I have noticed the moisturiser that is in every booth but never used it! Should I be using that every time before and after I enter the bed?

I have tried to go for a tan without one a few times I ran out or forgot and the time that usually did the trick just fine seemed to have no effect whatsoever. I have never been a very frequent goer (about once a week just to keep me from looking like Casper) but can vouch for a good quality lotion for giving a much better tan and keeping the skin feeling great during and after.

I am yet to try a spray tan but living in the country I do now I will definitely have a go as natural sunbathing is next to impossible and sunbeds seem to be not very popular and also quite expensive!

Latest posts

Back