Sunbed cream to extend fake tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telefang

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is fine to use a sunbed cream to keep up my spray tan. I use a cream which is really nice on my skin and smells like heaven! I use it as a moisturizer for my body, but would it strip my spray tan? It does have a tiny bit of DHA inside!

Here are the ingredients:

Deionized Water (Aqua), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis), Sunflower oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol (and) Acetyl Tyrosine (and) Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (and) Adenosine Triphosphate, Shea Butter, Coconut oil, Monoi de Tahiti oil, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, DMDM Hydantoin, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Citric Acid, Dihydroxyacetone, Fragrance.

Thanks!

I would like to know this too :D

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is fine to use a sunbed cream to keep up my spray tan. I use a cream which is really nice on my skin and smells like heaven! I use it as a moisturizer for my body, but would it strip my spray tan? It does have a tiny bit of DHA inside!

Here are the ingredients:

Deionized Water (Aqua), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis), Sunflower oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol (and) Acetyl Tyrosine (and) Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (and) Adenosine Triphosphate, Shea Butter, Coconut oil, Monoi de Tahiti oil, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, DMDM Hydantoin, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Citric Acid, Dihydroxyacetone, Fragrance.

Thanks!
As there is Sunflower oil & coconut oil in it I would say not to use it - You should use oil free products to avoid stripping the colour of the tan.

Try the product Steve@Nouvatan has linked to as it is designed especially for use on spray tans.

i stock australian gold. Kiss kiss bronze bronze has dha included in the bronzing accelerator giving you a dual colour. It has a lovely coconut scent. Nice staying power for those that want to maintain a light colour and tan at the same time. xoxo