Sunbed rental or 50/50?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucie

Reaction score
What does everyone do?
We have an empty room that we have tried to rent out but no avail so we are putting a sunbed in...

Our options are either £46 a week rental with a min 3 month contract

Or

50/50 profit share with a 2 year contract....

Anyone advise on this?

Could you not just start out by renting for 3months so your not tied into a long contract if it doesn't work, then after the three months see what would be more beneficial for you to rent or split profit.

Not sure if you can even do this or you are dealing with different companies.

With the profit share , i cant see how you would make any profit, by the time you take your electricity and staff costs into account. How about renting for a small time, then if it is busy buy your own.

It's 2 different companies, in the salon there's myself running beauty side and my friend runs the hair side so won't have any staff costs as such....

Anyone else?? Advise??? X

I own a tanning salon where we own all our Sunbeds but we have Flabelos machines on profit share,

I personally would go for the rental first to see how you got on as its only a 3month contract.

The plus side of profit share is that they usually either pay for retubes or at least contribute towards them.

Both options would be likely to include maintenance.

The way you need to see it is if you went for the rental at £46 per week & you offered minutes at £1 for 3mins, you'd need to get 138 minutes worth on your Sunbeds per week. I'd divide that by the amount of days you are open eg if you open 5 days.. 138 / 5 = 27.6! If you feel you can get more than that a day, then rental should be fine.

If you went for profit share, you are tied into the contract for longer and will automatically lose 50% of your takings! At least with rental, you only have to cover minimal rent.

The sunbed will be quiet to start off with as this can be a quiet time of year (apart from christmas & New Year rush) but at least word of mouth will get round before Summer.

Good luck :) if there's anything I can help with, feel free to ask & I'll try my best!

Thank you! That helps a lot!
So many companies to look at! None seem to answer the phone on a Saturday though! Would you recommend anyone? X

Thank you! That helps a lot!
So many companies to look at! None seem to answer the phone on a Saturday though! Would you recommend anyone? X

Most are closed on Saturday.

I don't rent or profit share so can't really recommend anyone - sorry! Hopefully someone on here will be able to help but there's loads on Google. You'll probably have to look into your electrics first before getting one installed just in case you need changing to three phase. Also, legislation has changed so make sure they supply you with 0.3 compliant tubes :)

Yea has the electrics checked today, waiting on a price now!!!!
Will try all the numbers I googled on Monday and go from there! X

Hi lucie I myself are looking into 50/50 rental, so would be interested in how easy or hard it is too have sunbed installed.thank you x

Latest posts

Back