Super cuts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

secretstyalist

Reaction score
Ate they good to work for? I have been asked to an interview as a manager

Agree with blue! .. They have such a bad name hun and if people see that on your cv, it could potentially put off a future employer. Sorry, just my opinion xx

Agree with blue! .. They have such a bad name hun and if people see that on your cv, it could potentially put off a future employer. Sorry, just my opinion xx

Agreed. X

message me, and i can answer you any questions you have,

i have to stress, there are lots of GOOD stylists in the company.
go in with your eyes open, they ask a lot of you and the company be rewarding but you have to be the type of person they need, it is not an easy job, but there is money to be made.

Abstyle, i have to disagree, supercuts have a good reputation in my area and a very good client base and it can be a great start for a stylist giving an insight into a very target based corporate business, it is what you make of it, the skills you develop and knowing when to move on,

as from my experience i never dreamt of working for the company, but working there taught me a lot, consider it a stepping stone for greater things rather than a career

but thats just my opinion......

message me, and i can answer you any questions you have,

i have to stress, there are lots of GOOD stylists in the company.
go in with your eyes open, they ask a lot of you and the company be rewarding but you have to be the type of person they need, it is not an easy job, but there is money to be made.

Abstyle, i have to disagree, supercuts have a good reputation in my area and a very good client base and it can be a great start for a stylist giving an insight into a very target based corporate business, it is what you make of it, the skills you develop and knowing when to move on,

as from my experience i never dreamt of working for the company, but working there taught me a lot, consider it a stepping stone for greater things rather than a career

but thats just my opinion......

Everyone has their own opinion of course, but in my area super cuts have a terrible reputation.
Their haircuts cost next to nothing and it really is a case of "you get what you pay for" .. Also, they don't accept appointment bookings, you just 'drop in'.. Not the ideal salon to work in in my eyes x

I would totally agree!! Don't do it! I worked for Supercuts, its a money making factory. I would consider myself a very capable and experienced hairdresser.

I worked for them, because I hadn't heard any bad reviews, went for the interview and was promised lots.
They have very young and in my opinion inexperienced "managers"

They are totally target driven, you are a salesperson that is expected to work quickly to create as much turnover as possible.
I could not work like that.
It personally didn't teach me anything, other than, I am far better than this.
If I had stayed all of the training and skills I had developed would have been ruined as I simply had no time to think about what I was doing. I did 19 haircuts in one day!! Mental.
I was not happy with the standard of work that had walked out of the door.
Just my experience of course, but each to their own.x

I would totally agree!! Don't do it! I worked for Supercuts, its a money making factory. I would consider myself a very capable and experienced hairdresser.

I worked for them, because I hadn't heard any bad reviews, went for the interview and was promised lots.
They have very young and in my opinion inexperienced "managers"

They are totally target driven, you are a salesperson that is expected to work quickly to create as much turnover as possible.
I could not work like that.
It personally didn't teach me anything, other than, I am far better than this.
If I had stayed all of the training and skills I had developed would have been ruined as I simply had no time to think about what I was doing. I did 19 haircuts in one day!! Mental.
I was not happy with the standard of work that had walked out of the door.
Just my experience of course, but each to their own.x

Agree totally.. Supercuts are about quantity not quality :( x

Agree totally.. Supercuts are about quantity not quality :( x

Thats in a nutshell exactly what a meant! lol! ( Its the wine :D )

Hey Abs, sorry I didn't get chance to say hello at the course, Jenna had just said we had both realised who each other was and then you had gone. xx

Thank you for the replies, think I will stay where I am, I just liked the idea of being employed so I knew what money was coming in, but the place I am at now seems very professionally run

Thats in a nutshell exactly what a meant! lol! ( Its the wine :D )

Hey Abs, sorry I didn't get chance to say hello at the course, Jenna had just said we had both realised who each other was and then you had gone. xx

Ah, that's ok Hun! .. I had said to Jenna, that I thought it was you by from what you were saying, but couldn't be sure as I know you said your course hadn't been confirmed and you were unsure where you were going!! Will make sure I say hello next time :) nice to be able to put a face to a name anyhow :) xxx

Indeed, don't do it!!

Don't do it!!

Question asked, question answered and time to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back