Swaroski glue for natural nails over Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chezbelle

Reaction score
hello there need help regarding glue for Swarovski's crystals I want to put on natural nails over shellac. what glue is best for ordinary gems aswell as when i seal with topcoat they never seems to last be greatful for any help I am given many thanks and apologies if this is in posts already x :D

I have just purchased CND gelbond for this very thing as I lost a few stones when setting in the topcoat. I've replaced them using the Gelbond and they are sitting firm however the only downside Is you have to be so careful as the stones can end up dulled if the glue touches them Even slightly.

Hi, I do...
Base cure
Colour cure
Colour place crystals in place cure
Topcoat cure
I haven't lost a crystal doing it this way and all my clients come back with theirs on when It's time to remove them. Xx

Hiya, I have tried a single Shellac top coat without glue and lost a crystal, I have now tried 2 x topcoats of Shellac and still lost one within 24 hours off my hand (though I am totally heavy handed).

I will be trying the Gelbond because I want to be absolutely sure that they won't shift when I do them as a service.

Elaine x

Thanks dani27 I will definately look into gelbond thank you for replying so quickly x:D

Thank you dani27 i will deffo try this cnd gelbond Rlbx ive done this many times and mine always ping off again heavy handed but i wont something that will last as lona as shellac really :) x Elainel deffo worth a go. Thank you for all your replys have any of you tried Becons gem tac ? x
:D

When I put swarovski crystals on top of my shellac I do it after colour coat apply to sticky layer then do two coats of top coat!! I did this recently on myself on my ring fingers and didn't lose one crystal :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Its definately trial and error :) x:D

other than the gelbond cnd is there any other products which can glue the gems done and are safe to use on natural nails :) ? x

I put my crystals on in the shellac top coat make sure they're fully surrounded with top coat then cure. I never use shellac top coat over the crystals as it dulls them I use Eco gel topcoat over the top (as recommended by baggy bear I think) as this doesn't dull the shine of the crystals.

By doing it this way mine last absolutely ages in fact I've just had a client message me whose crystal toes I did on the 2nd of June saying she was waiting for them to fall off but they're still on now so she's going to have them removed and reapplied next week x

Thank you sarahrose14 I will try that also x
:D

I have to be honest I've never found the crystals dull with the shellac top coat always seem just as bright and blingy :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

thnanks sarah rose 14 and to valley girl have some ideas now on what to do i put some ordinary gems on a friend last night using top coat and cure and one has fallen off already on her right hand which is gutting but all on her left are intact really wanted some method that would last as long as the shellac manicure as when the crystals gems come off they kind of ruin the look of the nail :o

Eco top coat is the biz.

I have to say I have never had a problem with losing bling on Sellac. I usualy top coat x2 after adding crystals.

Another thing you could try is to dab a dot of top coat to the base of the crystal and cure after placing on the nail then and a full top coat. This way the dab of top coat acts as a glue.

Does it depend on the size of the gem do you think? Smaller flatter ones will catch less easily ...

Im going to be using real swarovski crystals and i want to make sure they stay on as happy client and happy me lol:D with the shellac top coat to apply them on top then cure i lost one of the gems, so far and its day two i want them to last as long as the shellac with the topcoat over the top it really does dull the crystals down a little :( I find
Eco coat can this be used with shellac ??????fuzzball
love your name mrs clooney lol hows george is he ok lol :D

There are so many different ways.
Last week I trued placing the crystal in uncured topcoat and then nothing over them. The client lost 2 the next day and returned, I added a topcoat over them and they stayed.

Next time I am going to try to set in uncured colour, then cure, then top coat.

I dont think you need two layers of topcoat.

Hadnt thought about the gelbond though!

And the other topcoat sounds interesting!

Im going to be using real swarovski crystals and i want to make sure they stay on as happy client and happy me lol:D with the shellac top coat to apply them on top then cure i lost one of the gems, so far and its day two i want them to last as long as the shellac with the topcoat over the top it really does dull the crystals down a little :( I find
Eco coat can this be used with shellac ??????fuzzball
love your name mrs clooney lol hows george is he ok lol :D

Yes I think it can be used with shellac as your using the full shellac system to put the crystals in and the Eco top coat only goes on the crystals so I don't think it technically classed as mixing systems as your not replacing the shellac top top your using it as well as.

When I do it I do a matching rockstar under the topcoat, then leave a small gap at the free edge 1 or 2 mm, I find the glitter stops the gap looking obvious and the crystals are less likely to catch and fall off.

Also i use ss5's with no problem, I'm not sure if bigger crystals will last as well as I've not tried them. And I've never done crystals on fingers only toes. I never recommend fully crystal coverage for fingers as you finger nails take too much of a beating.
xx

Last edited:
Can i just ask exactly how people are putting their gelbond on the back of the crystals? Am having a bit of a nightmare getting the crystal to stay on my orangewood stick whilst applying the glue! Which can lead to getting glue absolutely everywhere, with obvious dulling of the crystal. Not good!! Have tried a search on youTube, but no luck x

Latest posts

Back