Swarovski crystals - glue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leesylouxxx

Reaction score
Hi,

I have swarovski crystals I would like to do my toes with.

I tested a brush on nail glue from the wholesalers with 1 crystal and it seems to have really dulled the sparkle? Even though I used a tiny bit?

I just wondered what type of glue I need to use with the Swarovski's to avoid them dulling after I spend a while putting them all on!

Is there a special glue for these crystals?

I've had them on my nails before and asked the girl who did them what glue she used as they stayed on for 2 months without coming off and the sparkle was amazing! But she said a brush on glue which is what I bought but i'm not happy with it?

Also what is good to put over the top? When I had them on my nails she didn't put anything over the top so I was surprised when I didn't lose any for all that time!
But just worried that the glue I have may not be strong enough to hold them in place.

Can someone please help as I would love to put them on my toe nails for my holiday and do my mums too!

Last edited:
You need to put a gel colour on first like silver and after 2nd coat pop them into tacky lair then top coat. If using glue you should b gluing first not on top of crystals hope this helps

I did my Swarovski elements training with ellisons - recommended glue is Cnd gel bond or if doing over gel place them in the top coat - I was taught not to apply any top coat over the top of them as it dulls them

I did my Swarovski elements training with ellisons - recommended glue is Cnd gel bond or if doing over gel place them in the top coat - I was taught not to apply any top coat over the top of them as it dulls them

Ah ok I was looking at Cnd Gel Bond. How do you apply it, because it doesn't come with a brush does it?

I've just done one of my toes to see how it looked with lots of them on and claned over the top of them with some Acetone and they have come out really sparkly now.
I think I will still get the Gel bond though if it's a recommended choice!

Thanks!

Put some gel bond on a bit of foil or on the plastic part of a plastic backed pad then use a wooden cuticle stick (orangewood stick) to apply onto the nail x

Yes as steph says place it on foil or a spatula and use an orange wood stick - don't apply too much if it will flood up the sides of gems

Another +1 for CND Gel Bond :)

Latest posts

Back