Swarovski dulling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leila1712

Reaction score
Hi all,
I find when i use swarovski crystals they look soooo shiny! Until i put the uv gel top coat on it ( shellac) they then look just a bit shinier than resin rhinestones but they loose that light catching sparkle.. Is it like this for everyone?
Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Yes I find this too. I did it on myself a few months ago and instead of top coating over them I pushed them into the wet topcoat then cured, I then kind of went round them with topcoat on a nail art brush but not over them. They lasted 13 days. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389254658.727060.jpg

I never out the topcoat over the crystals. I do a layer of topcoat, lush the crystals in and cure, then using my thumb pallet and dotting took I out a bit more topcoat round the crystals making sure not to cover them and cure.

:) hth

I scrub the topcoat I between the crystals then get a lint free wipe with a tiny bit of dsperse and wipe the top of the crystals (don't rub them) and perfect every time x

Ah i see lol obviously now you mention it lol but as a hairdresser i feel they still get caught on hair if i dont go over with top coat. But for my clients ill make sure to just surround it instead thanks guys :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back