Swarovski shoe glue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoken-words

Reaction score
Does anyone know what glue is used when people cover shoes in swarovski crystals? And is it durable so the crystals dont easily fall of? :) im having some done professionally and its expensive so im thinking of doing some myself in another colour.

Maybe fabric glue ?
For a DIY way you could try super glue!
I think fabric glues fab and I think you can get It in different strengths too x

I'm pretty sure epoxy glue is what they use, u know the one where you mix the two different tubes? There are loads of different brands. Super glue would be too brittle I think. Also, if you search online there are loads of tutorials to do it yourself and it'd tell you in that what to use x

Probably epoxy of some kind ,liquid and a spray that sets it ,but I have see people on the tv using uho cant spell ,but if u do it let us know how you get on :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I buy 2 types of glue, for my glitter I use all purpose glue from the range its about £2 and is in a gold bottle, its white and sets clear and is very gooood.
For crystals I and most shoe customising peeps use this stuff off eBay called shoe goo.

You have to remember if you are working on a shiny surface to rough it up first, and work in small areas, the glue dries fast and so you don't want to smother your shoe is goo and rush to get all your crystals on before it sets, you'll end up just throwing them at it and hoping for the best ;D

If you do a quick google you'll find a million blogs of girls doing shoes if you need some help or insp. lol

Have fuuuuuuun! X

Ok just had a look on YouTube and there is a glue called E6000 :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Thanks and is shoe goo good? As in the crystals stay solid and dont easily come of?

How would you rough the shoe up? Im imagining a nail file here!

Why not buy hotfix Swarovski crystals and a hotfix wand, its far easier than applying crystals by hand, I got bored half way through half a heel lol xx

What is the wand? And how is it applied differently?

Why not buy hotfix Swarovski crystals and a hotfix wand, its far easier than applying crystals by hand, I got bored half way through half a heel lol xx

Definitely hotfix!

I did my converse in the summer and I've not had even one crystal fall off yet!!

I use e6000 glue.

I just did my bf nieces for Christmas..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355675433.774922.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355675433.774922.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 206
I used non hot fix crystals.

I also put ribbon in as my laces.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355675601.394289.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355675601.394289.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 219
What size are you girls using? I want a mixture so im thinking between ss12-s18?

What glue do u use laurA lou?

What glue do u use laurA lou?

Sorry only just seen this. I use e6000 recommended for crystal converse- couldn't find anywhere that sold it so had to get it off the Internet x

Latest posts

Back