Swedish Body Massage Assessment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leely

Reaction score
I am currently studying Swedish body massage and I have currently passed my first 3 assessments and have my last one next week. Along with my exam.

One of my assessments last night was a man,I was pleased as it was powder and not oil so one more thing ticked off for me to pass the course.

However through out the treatment I kept catching him looking at me. He wanted to talk through out the treatment and ask me lots of questions he made me feel uneasy about the treatment. His wife works at the beauty reception and his daughter was there having a massage too.
He asked if he could book in with me again any my tutor said he could book in again but it would be with someone else.

Has anyone else been put off like this? I'm putting it down to me being nervous and making sure I had everything right for my assessment.

My husband is now not so keen on me learning sports massage now and wants me to only have women as clients when I pass.

Any advice or similar stories will help me loads x

I am currently studying Swedish body massage and I have currently passed my first 3 assessments and have my last one next week. Along with my exam.

One of my assessments last night was a man,I was pleased as it was powder and not oil so one more thing ticked off for me to pass the course.

However through out the treatment I kept catching him looking at me. He wanted to talk through out the treatment and ask me lots of questions he made me feel uneasy about the treatment. His wife works at the beauty reception and his daughter was there having a massage too.
He asked if he could book in with me again any my tutor said he could book in again but it would be with someone else.

Has anyone else been put off like this? I'm putting it down to me being nervous and making sure I had everything right for my assessment.

My husband is now not so keen on me learning sports massage now and wants me to only have women as clients when I pass.

Any advice or similar stories will help me loads x
The reason my salon is ladies only for massage. :)

I think you need to put this down to nerves and it oossibly being your first male client (you dont say so i am assuming on this!) He was probably just going to ask about your training and if your enjoying the course. If hd wanted to bool in with you again it would be because he enjoyed his treatment. Men are easily sold when they enjoy their treatment. Do you really think he would do anything with his daughter there and his wife working there? What would be the repocussions for her?. Chalk this up to inexperience of massaging male clients and nerves from be assessed. Although im female i most certainly do not think men should excluded from treatments like massage due to an absolute minority of idiots. Besides women can be just as bad if not worse. Its good you have your wits about you but dont get twitchy from your first male client. Men are much easier clients then women.

I say get practicing on male clients and you will soon have it down to a fine art and the idiots will be really obvious. I also recommend that you take a self defence course to give you abit of confidence in how to deal with the idiots but please dont tar all men with the same brush or get twitchy. They will get uncomfortable with you being their therapist and you will be loosing out on a massive client potentail. Just mull over this for a while

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

please dont tar all men with the same brush or get twitchy. They will get uncomfortable with you being their therapist and you will be loosing out on a massive client potentail. Just mull over this for a while

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Completely agree with you!
Not all male clients will make you feel uneasy/nervous. In my experience, it is the male clients who are usually embarrassed and nervous about coming into a beauty salon! If you are comfortable, at ease talking to your client and carrying out the treatment, your client, whether male or female will relax and start to build trust in you!

Any mid treatment conversation that bothers you, you could give short, quiet answers and explain that you prefer not to have conversation during treatments for relaxation purposes. Works for me!!

Hope that helps a little!!

Yes he was my first male client. I have massaged my husband, sons and brother.

I was just a little nervous I think to be honest.

I'm glad I did it as I needed to for my course. x

Latest posts

Back