Swedish Body Massage??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
A friend of mine kindly bought me a voucher for this when it was my birthday and I have finally got around to making the appointment. It is tomorrow.
What exactly is it?? It lasts for an hour but what does it entail?
Sorry to sound thick but with my usual therapist I just book a back, neck and shoulder massage and this is a different place and tbh I felt daft asking:o

Hi Judy,a full body massage involves massage of the legs,arms,back,neck,shoulders,tummy and chest area,not usually the bust.

A base oil will be used which dosn't smell of anything in particular and a firmer pressure than aromatherapy is used.Areas of tension can be worked on more if needed.

A thorough consultation should take place at the start of the treatment,any areas not being massaged at the time will be covered in a nice towel and overall it's a lovely treatment.Enjoy:hug:

Hi Judy,a full body massage involves massage of the legs,arms,back,neck,shoulders,tummy and chest area,not usually the bust.

A base oil will be used which dosn't smell of anything in particular and a firmer pressure than aromatherapy is used.Areas of tension can be worked on more if needed.

A thorough consultation should take place at the start of the treatment,any areas not being massaged at the time will be covered in a nice towel and overall it's a lovely treatment.Enjoy:hug:

Excellent, that sounds lovely.
Thanks a lot mate, I better shave my legs etc. before I go x:lol: :hug:

Excellent, that sounds lovely.
Thanks a lot mate, I better shave my legs etc. before I go x:lol: :hug:
Lol,we dont take any notice of hairy legs,just enjoy and relax.:green:

Babs explained it all to you - an hour of pure heaven! Enjoy!:)

It was an Elemis detox massage and was absolutely fab, will definately book again. It really was an hour of heaven. x

When i saw "elemis" my ears pricked up judy...LOL

Did you have a "welcome touch of the feet" prior to the massage with hot lime scented mitts??

The Elemis massage has changed over the years and the pressure is much firmer now going deeper into the tissues,so this would or should be classed as a "deep tissue massage".

When i saw "elemis" my ears pricked up judy...LOL

Did you have a "welcome touch of the feet" prior to the massage with hot lime scented mitts??

The Elemis massage has changed over the years and the pressure is much firmer now going deeper into the tissues,so this would or should be classed as a "deep tissue massage".

No I didn't get that treatment first but it was quite a firm massage.
There were 2 parts of my back that she kept pressing that "clicked" (does that make sense??) it wasn't painful as such but there was some pressure there.
I feel tired tonight but relaxed.

The "clicking" makes sense Judy,you must have had a "build up of toxins" in that area....nothing to worry about though:eek: :green:

Just drink plenty of water now to flush those toxins out of your system...not that im saying you are atoxic person!!

You may find you go to the loo more frequently aswell,but this is normal,your body just getting rid of any waste thats all.I think its just as good and effective as colonic myself:eek: :)

The "clicking" makes sense Judy,you must have had a "build up of toxins" in that area....nothing to worry about though:eek: :green:

Just drink plenty of water now to flush those toxins out of your system...not that im saying you are atoxic person!!

You may find you go to the loo more frequently aswell,but this is normal,your body just getting rid of any waste thats all.I think its just as good and effective as colonic myself:eek: :)

Thanks for the advice x
The lady gave me some water after the treatment and told me to drink plenty, which I do as I'm on a detox diet atm.
There was a choice of 4 different types of massage, another one was relaxing I can't remember the other 2 but I intend to try them all.

Latest posts

Back