Sweet Squared???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chixyorky

Reaction score
hi ive been reading lots on here about minx nails and i wanted to check them out n see how much the kits where and things like that but it says you have to log in to see the prices but wen i tryed to create an account it sed i needed a Customer ID?? very confused i just want to see how much the kits are so i can look in to training! any help guys???

Hey Chix :)

This is to prevent the general public purchasing or viewing prices. If you're a pro, call 0845 210 6060 and the team will sort it out for you :D

I also gave up trying to order from sweet squared. My certs are in the loft and are probably crumbling to dust by now. Despite owning a salon chain, they wouldnt help. I got the minx from Ellisons who I have an account with. It's a shame it was so difficult because I really need some nice minx posters for my shop windows.

I've only ever found sweet squared to be more than helpful.
I'm sure they accept other forms of proof that you are a trained salon professional.
Do ellisons not provide minx posters??

xx

I really couldnt be arsed with sending stuff off to them to be honest. I think people either want to sell to my salons or they don't. I was trying to open the account in the company name, which includes "hair and beauty ltd" in the name! I PERSONALLY an not trained in acrylic nails, although my therapists are. So rather than deal with a load of photocopying etc, I gave up. Their loss.
Ellisons had no posters left when I asked.

I am surprised by your thoughts on this....would you approve the likes of Decleor, Elemis supplying products to anyone without first proving you have been trained to a certain degree....??? Its about keeping things professional isn't it...??

I really couldnt be arsed with sending stuff off to them to be honest. I think people either want to sell to my salons or they don't. I was trying to open the account in the company name, which includes "hair and beauty ltd" in the name! I PERSONALLY an not trained in acrylic nails, although my therapists are. So rather than deal with a load of photocopying etc, I gave up. Their loss.
Ellisons had no posters left when I asked.
Actually... I think it's your loss!

For the sake of photocopying one certificate from each of your nail therapists you will be able to offer your clients something relatively new and definitely different and revolutionary, not only that but a lot of Hollywood celebrities are wearing Minx, what better advert could you ask for?!

Keeping it professionals only helps us (the pros) because Joanna Public isn't able to get her hands on the products at pro prices and therefore is less likely to try and compete with us... we win all ways round :green:

I can hardly be described as an amateur!!!!!!!!!!!! These rules that sweet squared have clearly appeal very much to dedicated nail pro's.
When I am trying to order off of the twenty different companies that supply my salons, ease of use is terribly important to me.
Bagpuss, is it really necessary to jump down my throat EVERY TIME I answer threads on here? These are only my opinions and experience. They are not IN ANY WAY a personal attack on you.
OH, and I delete all arsey PM's!!

I can hardly be described as an amateur!!!!!!!!!!!! These rules that sweet squared have clearly appeal very much to dedicated nail pro's.
When I am trying to order off of the twenty different companies that supply my salons, ease of use is terribly important to me.
Bagpuss, is it really necessary to jump down my throat EVERY TIME I answer threads on here? These are only my opinions and experience. They are not IN ANY WAY a personal attack on you.
Nobody referred to you as an amateur, the comments (mine included) were re keeping things professional.

Ease of use might be important to you, but "un-ease" of letting the general public buy pro products is something that quite a few companies have adopted in order to keep pro products strictly for the professionals.

btw, for the record, I saw no personal attack on you :eek:
What I saw was you attacking a company for keeping their business and distribution for professionals only :irked:

Last edited:

PMSL :lol: to funny for words

If you fancy a chat...pm me honey !!

Sorry you feel this way, I certainly understand your point of view.

It would be a lot easier to be like many other companies and let anyone register and buy products at trade prices. We would also make a lot more money doing so. However IMO that is too high of a price on our profession so while we lose some legitimate sales in the interim, we do so while honouring the essence of our industry :)

FWIW as a nail professional I would get irritated if my suppliers couldn't be arsed to actually verify I was a professional before selling at trade to me.

Best of luck, and glad you got what you were after in the end ;)

Latest posts

Back