Table renting - In two locations???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammy BTN

Reaction score
Hi, I'm still umming and ahhhing before i finally take the leap.

However....... Since my friend who owns a salon in a nearby village offered me a part time table rent in her salon - My other friend how owns a hair salon in the city centre has also offered me a space to rent! (like buses eh?)
The salon in the village is sort of school run mums and blue rinses.
The town salon is his second salon (double the size of his current one) and very trendy with city types and students - bang in the centre of the city.

I quite like the idea of having the contrast of being part time in both in theory...
Does anyone else do this or am i running before i can walk and should i concentrate on one?

The village salon has offered me a rent of £10 a day to start with.
City salon is £25 a day rent.
The city salon opens on saturday - and the village salon has been asking me to work there on saturdays for the last 6 months! (I've been too busy with a full time job, wedding, house decorating etc)

Currently do nails every mon, Tues, weds evenings in nails room at home, charging £30 full set p&w sculpted and £20 maintenance. and take 1 hour 30mins - 2 hours.

Anyone else work in two salons?
Am i too slow?
Are my prices ok?
:eek:

thanks
Tammy

Hi,

Sounds like a great idea Tammy! I'd go for it. I'm currently thinking of renting a table too and I know how scary the prospect is!

I suppose it depend what sort of working atmosphere you want? I would've thought you'll get a lot more passing trade in the city centre salon. I'm looking at a salon in a village, which is a trendy and busy salon. But looked at city centre ones too. Theres fors and againsts for both!! Parking facilities is one thing to think about... I work in a city centre salon at the moment and people are always complaining about parking. So a village salon would be a plus as I'm guessing parking would be really easy.

Try not stretch yourself too far though.. would working in two salons be too much??

Hope this helps!!

xx

Latest posts

Back