Tanning systems - home users charging?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemansamsmum

Reaction score
I am a newbie - recently started my first beauty job as a mature trainee and doing my nvq 2 currently.
I am covering a lot of coshh and health & safety bits in my course at the moment which has made me curious about this situation.
Someone I know has purchased a spray tan kit and tent and is, after a day practising on spraying her friends, advertising spray tans at £10. Is this allowed/morally ok?! I am confused as all my coshh training from work used st tropez as an example and said how you need data sheets for the chemicals in the fluid in case of reactions and insurances etc.
I'm just shocked people think its ok to charge for something they aren't properly qualified to do?? Unless I am missing something somewhere?!

No, sadly, you're not missing anything, I've heard of this happening with lashes as well... Unfortunately the industry in this country is not well regulated imho. For example in the States you must have a licence to operate. In this country, technically, anyone can operate. Of course, they run the risk that, if they are negligent (highly likely if they aren't properly trained) and they get sued, then they'll be in an awful lot of trouble. So will the client in fact, as the person offering the treatment won't be insured so it will be difficult for the client to recoup their losses, or receive any damages. But sadly, there is nothing to stop these people unless and until something like this happens. Our only hope is to continue trying to educate the general public :)

This is why I am so pleased that sienna x is going back to professional only... Then no Tom, dick or Harry can get hold of it! X

Latest posts

Back