Tanning yourself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camillebates

Reaction score
I got my hubby to spray me last night. Got in the shower this morning and, well he did an awful job bless him!

Has anyone tried spraying themselves? Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I only ever spray myself, stand in my tent with a full length mirror infront of me and it always comes out great

Keep training him, my boyfriend does mine, has for years and he does a perfect job. I find it impossible to do myself :D

I'm way too scared to let my hubby loose on me with the spray tan gun!

Would you geeks pay for someone else to tan you? I always feel a bit funny paying for pedicures and other treatments that I could do myself. Would love to find someone nearby to do a service swap with but don't know anyone else in my area that uses Sienna X.

I only ever spray myself, stand in my tent with a full length mirror infront of me and it always comes out great

How do you do your back?

My legs are really patchy, should I spray again? Exfoliate? I've been pretty lucky to never have to worry about a patchy tan!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My boyfriend does my tan and he is great! I sometimes spray myself but getting my back and shoulders is sometimes hard! If he's not in I get my mum to nip down, I spray most of myself then get my mum to spray my back :) xxx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I trained my hubby to spray me and he does a fab job.

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

I tan myself too! Again with a full length mirror in front of me. If you have a foldable plastic foot stool you can put your foot on that to help get the back of your legs.

For my back I lean forward & hold the gun near my shoulders facing my lower back at an angle & move it left to right. Shoulders & knicker line I can do just stood up one handed.

It takes practise but it does get easier!

You may want to turn your gun down slightly as you wont be as quick on yourself.

Xx

I tan myself too! Again with a full length mirror in front of me. If you have a foldable plastic foot stool you can put your foot on that to help get the back of your legs.

For my back I lean forward & hold the gun near my shoulders facing my lower back at an angle & move it left to right. Shoulders & knicker line I can do just stood up one handed.

It takes practise but it does get easier!

You may want to turn your gun down slightly as you wont be as quick on yourself.

Xx

I do it more or less the same as this but I stand in the bath :) x

Sent from the catphone

Keep training him, my boyfriend does mine, has for years and he does a perfect job. I find it impossible to do myself :D
I fully agree...keep training him and in time he will undoubtabley get things right...its not rocket science after all and a good way of a couple sharing bonding moments together...and its free :lol:

trouble with spray tanning yourself is the back of the body

I'm lucky enough to have made a couple of friends during training and on SG . We get together when we can for stay tans. It's great to try out different solutions and techniques. I sadly had to do my own at the weekend and struggled doing my right side with my wrong hand and now have a very patchy streaky hand. Bit embarrassing as I have new clients this week!

I just had my mum do mine for the first time, I gave her a quick demo & clear instructions as we where going through & she's done a great job! Go mum! Lol xx

I just had my mum do mine for the first time, I gave her a quick demo & clear instructions as we where going through & she's done a great job! Go mum! Lol xx

mums are just great aren't they )))

I do myself all the time. Turns out better than when someone se does it. It takes practice. But I start with legs then the back of legs, then body and back, bending over and spraying over my shoulders. Then I do arms neck and face last.

Between myself and my other half we get me sprayed. Hes actually not bad bless him!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Plus he never complains because he gets to see me naked for 15 minutes HAHA :p

Hi. I never tried doit myself I normally ask my husband to do it. He is really goid at it but takes a lot of convincing to get it done also he never follows my routine of spray tanning but his own. Verry stuborn lol but great result always. :)

Ok so I desparetly need a spray tan & now ones around to spray me, I'd spray myself but my daughters sleeping & the noise of the machine will wake her & I'm so pasty & pale & clients booked in soon! So I've just pored my spray tanning solution on to a tanning MIT & applied it this way! It's gave me some colour for sure! Has anyone else tried this? would this work? Haha x

I spray myself and it's always great. I do however have trouble reaching my back. I tend to bend over and spray over the top of my head and hope for the best.

I spray myself every week too. My back is sometimes slightly paler but I'm never patchy and love being tanned :) I've had a few dodgy ones after I've decided I'll have a bash it once I've had a few glasses of wine though!! Always seems like a great idea at the time until the next morning...

Latest posts

Back