Tanz automatic booth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadeybee

Reaction score
Has any one used the tanz automatic booth, and what is your opinion of them? They use an exfoliating spray, then a choice of 3 shades of tanning solution and then a firming moisturizing spray and it dries you all in the space of 3mins. All this for £9.99! Think they've been in America for a while (Ross got one in Friends).

These tanning booths are starting up in quite a few shopping centers.

hi i havent actually used one but know many of my clients have not had good results hence why they have ended uo coming to me for a spray tan.xx but think they work for some people and not for others.xx

Thanx for the reply :)
Xx

If you are I have tried the one at Hot Tanning, a few of there salons have these now. Think its the same booth as Tanz but not sure what solution they are using did they say?

The ones at Hot Tanning moisturises you first with an all over alovera spray. Drys you front and back. Then guides you through the 4 positions required for your actual spray tan. The dry’s you off further. All in 3 minutes.

You have a choice of 2 solutions. Clear or Bronzer which is just a colour guide. Then you have the option of 3 shades. Think they are doing unlimited spray tan for the month for £35 (friend of mines goes twice a week for her spray tan and the colour fades well)

Ive tried the middle colour in clear as i sometimes feel disappointed when the guide colour showers off and im a paler colour underneath. I dont have that problem with the clear as you can see the colour develop as the hours go by. And ive tried the double dark which means you need to do all 4 positions twice.

The girls are lovely they talk you through what happens in the booth and demonstrate the 4 positions for you, you have a cap to cover your hair and barrier cream for your hand and feet. Then wipes for afterwards.
Hope this helps

Not heard about the exfoliating bit and to be honest im not a tan expert but dont understand why it would moisturise you straight after your tan?

I do know from friends who use tans that £9.99 is a special offer price.

What else can i say I LOVE IT !!!! :lick:

Not a fan of getting my kit off in front of strangers and the thought of having to stand there for even a few minutes whilst waiting to dry it just not for me. 3 minutes in and out takes me longer to get my clothes on and off again xxx

A machine can never duplicate the human eye. There is no way a spray booth could ever provide the attention to detail that a technican could.

The dreaded spray tan booth, this reminds me of Ross in Friends the funniest thing ever.

I have tried a machine not sure which one it was though and I was streaky, and wasn't great coverage.

If you go for a tan with a Therapist, yes it's nervous the first time you go. They will talk to you beforehand and put you at ease, you will have a lot of fun and yes your tan will be even and gorgeous. I wouldn't waste £10 on a machine that may not work and have to wear long trousers and long sleeves for a week. Like I had to.

I used a machine before and my tan was awful. I get a spray done by a girl who lives near me was a bit unsure at first getting my kit of but she made me comfy so always go to her. I think if your happy with the therapist it's ok. X

A was just wondering how a machine would do a consultation?

I'm not sure what solution tanz booths use. It just seems too good to be true.

Xx

A was just wondering how a machine would do a consultation?

I'm not sure what solution tanz booths use. It just seems too good to be true.

Xx

Your right from someone who has been using the spray tan booths for the past 3 years it is to good to be true!
The information you have been giving sounds very miss leading. As for the firming spray never heard oft that and have not seen it on there web site. Can you imagine if it worked! :p They would be queuing up at the door and there would be loads of orange skinny, streaky people in the local area. :wink2:
You consultation is carried out by a member of staff who will also run through the positions you need to stand in and the colours available. Now if and this is a big if.... you can remember all 4 of the shown positions its a walk in the park. However if your arm is not out far enough or leg is at a slightly different angel then there is a good change you are going to have either a speckled area or a faded area where the spray has not reached correctly. :Scared:
Think hay i’ve cracked it and you become over confident! And then you mess bits up. I could tell you many funny ross moments ive had in the past.:rolleyes:
If you get the hang of it then its great. But it is not for everyone and it will never take over a hand held spray tan. It just eating into a small percent of the spray tan market.
You guys have a fine eye this is a machine, you guys have skills and attention detail and areas what might need more spray than others est. A booth could never do this. It will target people like myself shy folk who don’t like getting there kit off or there bits out :o lol xx

Latest posts

Back