Tape extension help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fudgemcfudge

Reaction score
I am recently qualified in Tape Extensions but a few clients have contacted me saying that they are falling out! I have refitted then free of charge everytime but it’s happening every week or 2 now and I’m constantly chasing my tail refitting these clients tapes that I am considering giving it up! Can anyone advise me on what I’m doing wrong?? X

It’s a tricky one but a process of elimination might help. Have u used this particular brand of tapes before with no problem or do u use the same ones for everyone and they are all having problems? Could be a switch if brand is in order as the tape might be rubbish. If they are sliding out then are they preparing their hair first? It could be that there is oil or conditioner on the hair so it’s not gripping properly? Are they following aftercare? Could also be that the products they are using are breaking down the glue. Hope you get it sorted anyway good luck x

Hey
Sometimes the adhesive the tape comes with isn’t too strong, when I’m fitting I tend to retape as I’m going along- makes it stronger and eliminates slipping

X

Hey
Sometimes the adhesive the tape comes with isn’t too strong, when I’m fitting I tend to retape as I’m going along- makes it stronger and eliminates slipping

X
Thanks Guys! What tape do you all recommend to use? X

Walkers tape from Archie Lloyds hair its amazing.

The tape extensions from euphoria one are great but I always buy my replacement tapes from prestige as better value for money. Also good, no problems at all x

I am recently qualified in Tape Extensions but a few clients have contacted me saying that they are falling out! I have refitted then free of charge everytime but it’s happening every week or 2 now and I’m constantly chasing my tail refitting these clients tapes that I am considering giving it up! Can anyone advise me on what I’m doing wrong?? X

You don't need to give up, this is not your problems, I think you need to know whether the clients use the right way to care the tape in extensions,
And for the tape, some tapes are thick, some tapes are thin, the thick tape can not fold to apply, thin tape is OK, and the PU of tape in extensions must thin, or you can do some test, if your clients use the same tape, someone fall out, someone not, you can ask them how to care usually, maybe they have some different method to care it cause the different result, hope this can help you

Apologies if you have already written this but which brand of hair do you use initially? And is this happening on new (first) installs?
It's so important to make sure clients cones with clean hair avoiding conditioner near the scalp. And i find to really squeeze well across the tape and the edges to ensure great adhesion.
I can't get on with the rolls of tape for refits and always use the tabs. I like the additional lengths ones x

Hey, i provide a mini claryfying shampoo when I do the consultation and ask the clients to wash their hair with just that and no conditioner the day before fitting. This removes any build up and oils and gives the tapes the best chance of sticking properly xx

Start with clean hair and no conditioner on the roots when applying.
Clients should use a volumising or clarifying shampoo and no moisture, otherwise they will slip out!

Latest posts

Back