Tax!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allthingsbeautyx

Reaction score
I am sure this question has been asked 1000 times but in still trying to find the answer!

I work full time in salon as a therapist and I at the moment do nails & waxing mobile, mainly for friends & family around work.

Id like to try get up and running mobile on all treatments and see where it takes me! My ultimate dream is to just work self employed doing treatments from home - I know this take a lot of client building first though!

However, how does it work if I was to start doing mobile treatments aswell as working full time tax wise?

What do I need to do to change my tax code? Or do I need to earn a certain amount doing it first? It's all so confusing! I wish I learnt things like this in school!

TIA for any help!

I am sure this question has been asked 1000 times but in still trying to find the answer!

I work full time in salon as a therapist and I at the moment do nails & waxing mobile, mainly for friends & family around work.

Id like to try get up and running mobile on all treatments and see where it takes me! My ultimate dream is to just work self employed doing treatments from home - I know this take a lot of client building first though!

However, how does it work if I was to start doing mobile treatments aswell as working full time tax wise?

What do I need to do to change my tax code? Or do I need to earn a certain amount doing it first? It's all so confusing! I wish I learnt things like this in school!

TIA for any help!
You need to register with H. M. R .C. as having a part time self employed income.

When you do your tax return, you just put in info of your salaried job and info of your self employed job. It's not nearly as complicated as it sounds x

It's just like having two jobs, one doesn't affect the other so don't worry about it. You don't set your tax code, this is posted to you every year depending on your income and other things.

Latest posts

Back