Teaching beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regina McCaughey

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Looking for some help. I currently have a HND in beauty therapy sciences along with 5 years salon/spa and managing experienece. My next step would be teaching, but I am
Unsure what qualifications I need to do?
Thanks for your help

Hi I currently teach part time. I would advice you to start with the PTLLS course which is the basic you should have and along with 5years experience you are more employable. Once u get your foot in the door then the assessors award is great and your could go on to do a cert ed

Hi everyone,
Looking for some help. I currently have a HND in beauty therapy sciences along with 5 years salon/spa and managing experienece. My next step would be teaching, but I am
Unsure what qualifications I need to do?
Thanks for your help

I second exactly what @floritsa said. I have my Ptlls, I took it at my local college and it took around 12 weeks to complete and cost £450. I'm due a baby in February so once I'm back up and organised after bubba arrives assessors award is my next step too. Good luck, let us know how it goes x

Brilliant! I was a bit confused as their was so many places offering different courses. I will definitely research that and get on a course ASAP, and I would love to the assessors award.
Thanks for everyone's help- and good luck with the baby @TheSprayTanner x

@TheSprayTanner I will be doing my cert ed after I have my baby . The assessors award isn't too hard. CertEd takes a couple of years!

I went through this process I did an introduction to teaching then went on to do the foundation degree (2years) (certificate in Education) whilst studying I also completed the Assessors award and Internal Verifiers award. A lot of it was funded when I did it, I've heard it's quite costly now.

I used to work 5 days and on my day off do a volunteered teaching placement at my local college. I attended Uni in the evenings. I hope this helps.

Teaching has a lot of paperwork involved and sometimes not enough teaching. You will experience this when you volunteer and it will give you a clear indication if this is the route for you X

Hi ive done my ptlls and i have the work experience i just cant seem to get any further, i email all colleges about placements and what to do next and i never get any reply!

So i dont know what to do? Any help? X

Latest posts

Back