Teaching makeup and gaining accreditation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaz1986

Reaction score
Hi all,

i am a beauty therapist and a makeup artist about to start working from home. I am interested in providing training courses for bridal hair and makeup, which would last for around 5 days. However, i would like to be able to have my course accredited by a well known body such as BABTAC or guild of beauty therapists. This is so that my students would be able to get insurance and makeup company discounts.
How would i go about doing this? What training would i need for teaching this?

Contact the company that you would like to accredit your courses. With BABTAC, I think I'm right in saying that you can teach a course, that is like a refresher, to someone with an existing qualification but to teach a course that has a recognised certificate at the end, you need a pttlls qualification x

You need to be a qualified teacher to be accredited by the guild, plus you need to be a member and have insurance as well as teachers insurance. You then write the course syllabus /resources and send it to the guild for accreditation. They charge per handfuls of courses to be accredited rather than just one,although you don't have to submit them all at the same time as far as I am aware. Not sure about babtac. If you email the guild they are very quick to respond and v helpful xx

We ourselves accredit courses but to do so you would need to be qualified in the courses you teach and have a PTTLS qualification. We would need to see these and I would mention that we do not charge to accredit and your clients would be able to obtain insurance with us.

We ourselves accredit courses but to do so you would need to be qualified in the courses you teach and have a PTTLS qualification. We would need to see these and I would mention that we do not charge to accredit and your clients would be able to obtain insurance with us.
If you don't charge to accredit, how are you making money on training providers accredited through you? Or is it all charitable?

Hi Jaz1986

Professional Beauty Direct currently accredit hundreds of courses - if you would like further information on our accreditation then please feel free to call us on 08456 058 670 or email us on [email protected].

Last edited by a moderator:
We accredit courses without charge as generally training schools we deal with will refer their students to us safe in the knowledge that they will obtain insurance, we don't charge so the schools are happy and will tend to recommend us.

Hi who is the accreditation by..?

Hi who is the accreditation by..?

This thread is almost 2 years old, since which time the original poster (and some of the other posters) have been absent. If you require an answer, you may prefer to start a new thread.

Hello everyone, I am a qualified Makeup Artist and teacher I currently have a Dttls, Pttls, Assessors Award and looking to run makeup workshops and short courses but I don't have a facility, I would be working out of local hair salons is this possible how would I be able to go about this, what would I need what insurance would be required? any help appreciated.

We accredit courses without charge as generally training schools we deal with will refer their students to us safe in the knowledge that they will obtain insurance, we don't charge so the schools are happy and will tend to recommend us.

I have PTTLS ,DTTLS, and a Foundation Degree in Makeup and have been teaching at a college for the past 8 years various levels of courses level 3 HND and BA, I am interested in delivering my own workshops and possible short courses and would like to offer my students a certificate so they would be able to be insured with the qualification but I am not looking to deliver a full on level 3 college course as it would just be myself but something smaller like a VTCT or open to suggestions.

Thanks look forward to your reply

Hi Jaz1986

Professional Beauty Direct currently accredit hundreds of courses - if you would like further information on our accreditation then please feel free to call us on 08456 058 670 or email us on [email protected].

I have PTTLS ,DTTLS, and a Foundation Degree in Makeup and have been teaching at a college for the past 8 years various levels of courses level 3 HND and BA, I am interested in delivering my own workshops and possible short courses and would like to offer my students a certificate so they would be able to be insured with the qualification but I am not looking to deliver a full on level 3 college course as it would just be myself but something smaller like a VTCT or open to suggestions. Can you help what is it that I need to do now am I able to acredit courses as my company Heather Card Makeup Artistry at different locations or is it the premises that gets the acreditation?

I have PTTLS ,DTTLS, and a Foundation Degree in Makeup and have been teaching at a college for the past 8 years various levels of courses level 3 HND and BA, I am interested in delivering my own workshops and possible short courses and would like to offer my students a certificate so they would be able to be insured with the qualification but I am not looking to deliver a full on level 3 college course as it would just be myself but something smaller like a VTCT or open to suggestions.

Thanks look forward to your reply

You may not have realised, but this thread is four years old, and the quoted posters has been absent for the last two of those.

It may then be an idea to create a new thread of your own, which I can see you just have :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back