Techniques

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissMuggle

Reaction score
Hey all, what do you think is the best technique / angle for getting really close to the root when highlighting? I think I'm starting to prefer easi me he over foiling especially on fine hair.

I would say taking fine subsections and placing the foils in by hand often gets it closest depending on the angle you are working on. Working below the curve of the head I would place the foil by hand, holding the section out to avoid losing tention, the rest of the hair I use a pin tail or just by hand depending on my mood :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree easy meche can be good on very sparse short hair when it is difficult to keep the foil in. I would also say not to use foils that are too long to avoid the weight dragging it away from the root.

I use a postcard behind my foils below the curve and the top section, my pintail comb to put them in.

I agree easy meche can be good on very sparse short hair when it is difficult to keep the foil in. I would also say not to use foils that are too long to avoid the weight dragging it away from the root.

Agreed adamlea87, if the foils are too long or heavy they cause dragging. I also find that placing foils at an angle and subsectioning angles through the top help.

Latest posts

Back