Terms and conditions on voucher

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathryn135

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I did a search but what I wanted wasn't coming up.
I'm offering a gift voucher as a raffle prize, I will design and print it off myself that's not a problem. Can you think of anything in particular I should put on there in terms and conditions? It will most likely be just a free gelish manicure. Thanks, Kat xx

Maybe an expiry date and obviously all your contact details. I also write on the bottom "this is a charity donation" which stops people giving it away as a present and losing the goodwill that it is given with in the first place.

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I like the 'this is a charity donation' I have had people in the past ring and say the have won a voucher but they will just have the money instead!

I put "no cash value" on mine, but I think I may also borrow the charity donation line, I had 2 clients redeem vouchers after Christmas that their daughter/friend had "purchased" for them, and I don't sell vouchers, only donate them!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not sure I understand the charity donation line. Is the treatment not the same whether the voucher is bought or donated?

I'm not sure I understand the charity donation line. Is the treatment not the same whether the voucher is bought or donated?

Some people have been known to try purchase products instead of having the treatment that has been donated, that's why it's a good idea to put "charitable donation" in the small print x

I'd include which charity it is for, a voucher number (for your records) and no cash value & as said by others charitable donation x

If you just give away a voucher for a facial, for example, and someone wins it, they can then just give it to a friend as a present, looking like they spent some money on their friend. The goodwill that I have given the voucher with is then lost and I have Mrs Arsey trying to book in before the voucher expires because her friend bought her a facial - or so she thinks. I only sell amounts to clients and do charity vouchers for certain treatments that a. I enjoy doing and b. Don't cost a lot in product. This also means that charity vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash, products or other treatments. I give away a lot of charity vouchers and don't like people who take the p!

Vicki x

If you just give away a voucher for a facial, for example, and someone wins it, they can then just give it to a friend as a present, looking like they spent some money on their friend. The goodwill that I have given the voucher with is then lost and I have Mrs Arsey trying to book in before the voucher expires because her friend bought her a facial - or so she thinks. I only sell amounts to clients and do charity vouchers for certain treatments that a. I enjoy doing and b. Don't cost a lot in product. This also means that charity vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash, products or other treatments. I give away a lot of charity vouchers and don't like people who take the p!

Vicki x

I have had to read this a few times and I fear I still don't get it. Never mind.

If you give away vouchers, then you wont know how much the person winning "invested" in raffle tickets to achieve to win, so in effect paid for the voucher. Could be £20 could be just £1. The treatment is the same and I personally would expect exactly the same treatment whether I paid for it or won it. It's your way of winning over a new client, surely?

If I won a voucher for a treatment that I couldn't use, for example Dermalogica facial as it doesn't agree with me, I would certainly pass it on to someone I knew that would enjoy it. I don't see anything wrong with this, and I wouldn't expect my friend to be awkward or arsey about anything.

I'm not sure if I understand the term goodwill, so I might have this wrong, but isn't the goodwill what YOU have given the charity? That will not be lost no matter who gets the voucher or who comes for the treatment.

I've been selling vouchers for treatments rather than for the amounts. I prefer this and no one has ever said anything to question this. I hope that I haven't misunderstood this, I thought this was normal. I need to look at this too, this thread has made me unsure.

Just one more thing. Do you get a lot of arsey clients? I've not had one yet, but who knows. I had better be prepared.

Vicki x

Vicki this seems like such a great, logical way of doing it. Definitely going to keep this method in mind for the future! :)

I have had to read this a few times and I fear I still don't get it. Never mind.

If you give away vouchers, then you wont know how much the person winning "invested" in raffle tickets to achieve to win, so in effect paid for the voucher. Could be £20 could be just £1. The treatment is the same and I personally would expect exactly the same treatment whether I paid for it or won it. It's your way of winning over a new client, surely?

If I won a voucher for a treatment that I couldn't use, for example Dermalogica facial as it doesn't agree with me, I would certainly pass it on to someone I knew that would enjoy it. I don't see anything wrong with this, and I wouldn't expect my friend to be awkward or arsey about anything.

I'm not sure if I understand the term goodwill, so I might have this wrong, but isn't the goodwill what YOU have given the charity? That will not be lost no matter who gets the voucher or who comes for the treatment.

I've been selling vouchers for treatments rather than for the amounts. I prefer this and no one has ever said anything to question this. I hope that I haven't misunderstood this, I thought this was normal. I need to look at this too, this thread has made me unsure.

Just one more thing. Do you get a lot of arsey clients? I've not had one yet, but who knows. I had better be prepared.

I think you have slightly misunderstood. The person who wins the voucher can give it to anybody they want to but I don't want them to give it as a present as if they had paid for it. I have a time limit on charity vouchers but on none of my normal vouchers. If that time limit is expiring the owner can get cross that I won't extend it because they think the voucher had been bought. If everyone knows it was a charity donation there is no confusion.
I do hope to win new clients from this and I am in a very small community so every time there is a charity event I donate a voucher without question.

For my normal vouchers I have no time expiry, I do them for amounts, they can be used for treatments or products and I keep a record of them in the computer so if they are lost the client can still use them. If they are charity, they are for facials and yes the client gets exactly the same treatment and if they had a problem with the treatment won I would always renegotiate it but if I donate a facial and the winner wants to put it towards products or towards a different treatment that may cost me a lot more to offer as a treatment I feel I have the right to decline if they know and I know it was a charity donation.
Hope that make sense but that's just how we like to do things!
The poor op only wanted to know what to put on charity vouchers.
Food for thought!

Vicki x

Interesting points, I could still imagine some people being arsey even with the 'charity donation' vouchers since the donation itself was probably to the charity, not the customer. They may feel that they have 'paid' however much in raffle tickets for the prize, even more so if the prize was auctioned.

Thankyou everyone for your input, it's been very helpful. The voucher will be for a gelish manicure so that will be along the front in big bold writing, and that's what they will be getting lol. Now to figure out how to design a voucher, I'm not the best at computers! Xx

Latest posts

Back