Testing spray on couch roll

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky06

Reaction score
i cant seem to do this as the air from the gun blows the couch roll all over the place am i being really thick or is there an easier way to do this? also when spraying a client i put couch roll in the tent to stand on and this either gets stuck to their feet or blows all over the place, they end up not on it at all by the end :confused:

When you test spray the couch roll - make sure it is rolled up and not loose, so your spraying it rolled up.

Instead of couch roll on the floor for clients to stand on I would suggest using a big black towel - this is what I use, its comfier for the clients, doesn't look too messy and prevents clients from slipping etc. And once you have finished you can give the tent a quick wipe over with it to save couch roll.

ah that explains it......visions of me chasing a piece of couch roll around the tent ha ha i will try the towel instead, do you use sticky feet? i dont i just oil round the feet and nails? so to clarify i leave the couch roll as it is and test on the roll before i roll it out?

Just fold the couch roll a few times to test and hold in your hand.
I use sticky feet as I personally think it looks better and clients love them. I use Aqueous cream on palms, knees, heels and elbows and just wipe nails with a baby wipe when finished to remove any residue.
x

ah thanks i may invest in some aqeous as it is very cheap thanks for help with couch roll issue lol

You can hold your couch roll against the side of the tent or on the tiles at the back of the bath or a door (any area you can easily clean the tan from if it should go onto it) then spray it.

I always point the gun to the area above where I am holding the couch roll then as I lower the gun the air goes past my hand the air is holding the couch roll flat against the tent (or door etc..) then I spray a swipe of tan and adjust setting if required & I'm done.

As for the couch roll in the bottom of the tent I too use a black towel. I tried sticky feet but my clients didn't like the feeling of removing them and are much happier with the lovely soft towel. I have no issues with tanned soles either.

I use a roll of tissue roll haha suppose it looks common but it does the job, I use sticky feet too but I'm thinking of changing this as they are quite expensive to buy, so I think I'll swap to a black towel once sticky feet have run out & I have gloves on to apply barrier cream & once I've put that on client I just hold a thin piece of tissue in my hand & spray it to check. It's always worked for me x

i also use a black towel for the bottom of the tent and then i offer sticky feet as the clients can then say no i found that the couch roll was sticking to the clients and the sticky feet.
i test my gun on a piece of couch roll that i just scrunch up and hold

Latest posts

Back