Texting clients! How often?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chreewebb

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just wondering what peoples opinions on texting clients are. I run a tanning salon and when people fill out a client card if their mob no. is on there I'll save it into a Client group on my phone so I can send bulk texts out to all my clients. How often would you feel is acceptable to send texts regarding special offers, new products, christmas deals etc.. As I don't want to feel like I am annoying the customers. I currently only send a text around once every 6 weeks. Personally, I wouldn't mind receiving texts once a fortnight. Just wondering on peoples opinions as don't want to feel like the customers are being hassled but it's just the best way to promote new products/offers etc I'm doing in the shop as these are current customers.

Thanks in advance! :)

I'm interested in this aswell.

I have collected numbers and permissions for text marketing, but have yet to do anything with them.

I do emails and do one regular monthly email and the odd mid month update.

I definitely think once a month is acceptable, more often im unsure.

:)

I personally think no more than once a month as it might get annoying and people might not either bother reading them if they are getting them too often? X

I normally do 1/2 per month max
I don't want to bombard people but I always put in the end 'reply STOP' to remove your number from SMS offers & updates
It's worked for quite a few years now 😊

sorry to butt in , but for those of you that send @mails do you get much response ? I seem to get very little from @mails, and find text messages and flyers seem to work better( any offers or discounts is upon presentation of flyer etc). When i ask clients most seem to say they never check their mail. Does anyone else find this , or is it just my clients.

sorry to butt in , but for those of you that send @mails do you get much response ? I seem to get very little from @mails, and find text messages and flyers seem to work better( any offers or discounts is upon presentation of flyer etc). When i ask clients most seem to say they never check their mail. Does anyone else find this , or is it just my clients.

I've just set up mail chimp so be interesting to see what comes out of our monthly news letter.

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

Maybe it is just my clients, but i seem to get very little response from @mails. x

Maybe it is just my clients, but i seem to get very little response from @mails. x

Libbylou have you asked your clients If they recieve them? They may go into the spam box :eek:

Yes i always ask , it is just most say they never bother checking their @mails. I always get a good response from texts, and also flyers.

I'm just about to start the monthly thing, I'll see how the mail chimp thing goes If no joy I'll text lol

Hi. I mail out a monthly newsletter which includes new treatments / products and that months special offer. Sometimes I don't seem to get much response others times every client who visits mentions it. I then use Facebook to update in between with availability, offers etc. HTC x
Sent from my SM-T320 using SalonGeek mobile app

We use text marketing and emails.
We sent out an email about 4 days before our open day, offering free Jane Iredale make overs and had 4 phone calls within the hour.
We put a special offer in our monthly emails to encourage people to read them. We send them around the middle of the month for next month's deals.

On the first of every month we send a text to every client with a birthday that month giving them £5 off any treatment taken that month. We are thinking of changing it to £10.

I use emails for info and texts for quick things. When we decided to do a discount on our skincare for 5 days, I sent the texts on the Monday morning. We had amazing record sales that week and it was January. I didn't do emails as it would have been too long winded.

Occasionally I get clients asking to be removed from promo texts and/or emails which is their choice so they totally miss out.

I personally think fortnightly is more than enough for texts.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

This may be a silly question but how do you send your texts do you have a separate work phone mobile?

I have a iPhone with unlimited texts so thought it would be good to do it on this, how would I do It? Do you save clients names and have them seperately or do you do it under the salon name and add all clients phone number to that name so when doing a message you can add the whole lot?

Sorry I'm usually ok at technical stuff but can't seem to work out how to do this or some kind of group contact list?

Another thing I thought was writing all contact numbers on notes page and just copying and pasting into the message although I'm not sure how many numbers you can add to one message?

This may be a silly question but how do you send your texts do you have a separate work phone mobile?

I have a iPhone with unlimited texts so thought it would be good to do it on this, how would I do It? Do you save clients names and have them seperately or do you do it under the salon name and add all clients phone number to that name so when doing a message you can add the whole lot?

Sorry I'm usually ok at technical stuff but can't seem to work out how to do this or some kind of group contact list?

Another thing I thought was writing all contact numbers on notes page and just copying and pasting into the message although I'm not sure how many numbers you can add to one message?

I use TextLocal. Put all your contacts into the system (the systems free) you buy the texts in bulk and then just type your message and tick the group and it sends it out. You can set it to send as if your number or the salon name. You can even schedule the text for a set time and day to go out.

I havn't sorted anything out with my clients who have allowed me to do things like this yet. But being on the receiving end from endless texts can be really annoying. I visited a salon for a treatment that is completely out of my area as I was away for a few days. They knew this as we spoke about it and they also had my address staring them in the face when they put my mobile number into their system. The likely hood of me returning was very low and now thanks to their constant hassling is now non existent!

I use text magic via my software which is salon iris. It's really cheap to text like this and you can send them from a mobile number to which Clients can reply, or from a business name to which they can't reply x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Textlocal is great! Especially as you can use it to remind clients of their appointments, send them special offers and even confirm their appointments.

I had a look at their site and found this really good piece of information. There is a paragraph about how text messaging can work for a salon.

What role can MMS play in mobile marketing?

I use TextLocal. Put all your contacts into the system (the systems free) you buy the texts in bulk and then just type your message and tick the group and it sends it out. You can set it to send as if your number or the salon name. You can even schedule the text for a set time and day to go out.

Thanks! you answered my question before I asked it lol

Have you any more tips on using textlocal?

Thanks! you answered my question before I asked it lol

Have you any more tips on using textlocal?

What you after? They do offer LOTS of great things. Including image loyalty cards etc now (recently new) not explored it yet but reading up on it, it did sound fantastic.

I did my first one recently asking for my clients to vote for me in my first competition. Hardly any of them actually bothered voting for me but loads booked in after I sent it!! I won't be doing it too often, I receive texts from all sorts of places that have nabbed my phone number and I cant stand it! Maybe every 6 months to the ones that havent been in a while.

As for text marketing in general, I used to work in recruitment as when I sent a text about a good job that people wanted, I got called non stop for days like crazy, so I would say its best to leave texting for the most popular treatments as bothering people for things they dont want just annoys them. Good luck! xxx

Latest posts

Back