Thailand trip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucylou2303

Reaction score
Hi geeks
Need some help. Has anyone been to Thailand?
I'm staying in Bangkok for three nights and want to know where is the best location to stay as a tourist to visit all the main attractions?
I'm liking the look of riverside but is it too far out?
Would sukhimvit be a better area?
Would taxi or sky train be better means of transport?
TIA x

I want to visit Thailand also I'm going aussi for a year but really want to go and do island hopping and the full moon parties! Sorry I'm no help lol x

We went Thailand in may when in bangkok we stayed riverside at the millenium Hilton and it was ideal you can get a water bus to the big tourist destinations like the palace and main temples (for about 15 baht each i think) and anywhere we couldn't the bell boys sorted out transport which was generally really cheap anyway xx

I want to visit Thailand also I'm going aussi for a year but really want to go and do island hopping and the full moon parties! Sorry I'm no help lol x

I went to Australia for a year and island hopped on the way home. It was amazing I highly recommend it. Sorry im mot much help to the op as I didn't get to Bangkok but I hope you have a fabulous time

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I've copied n pasted this from a friend who was giving advice for me to send to another friend who is out travelling India at the moment but is off to Thailand in September to island hop.

Never been to India and not been to Thailand in August before, I'm not sure it's the best time to go- was there in September last year and it was the end of wet season- Indonesia/Malaysia might be a better bet at that time of year tbh! But I actually love Thailand- How long is she going for? Places I particularly like are- Chiang Mai, Pai, Koh Chang and Koh Tao- but there are loads of totally lush Islands!! In Laos I really liked Luang Probang, Cambodia is also really nice and one of my fav islands in Asia was Tioman island (abc beach). Bt tbh she doesn't really need advice she'll figure it out for herself- some of my favourite places were places I didn't intend on going or never even heard of before- and plus there are so many people travelling she'll make friends easy!!

Hope it helps xx

I've been to Thailand several times. To be in the centre of it all and be near all the attractions you need to stay near the Khao San Road or quiet rightly like you said Sukhumvit- it's just round the corner. Personally I'd go for the latter as its marginally quieter. I'm a wealth of knowledge about Thailand! Just ask!

Thankyou all for your help!
I have booked 3 nights Bangkok at the marriot in sukhimvit
5 nights chiangmai at rimping village
Now trying to decide what to do for 13 nights as flying down to krabi then island hopping over to finish in Phuket to fly home.
What islands to stay on?
How many nights etc?
All recommendations and info welcome.
X

Latest posts

Back