The Beauty Academy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willow1992

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone trained at The Beauty Academy doing an NVQ facial course and if you have, what did you think of it?

I'd like to become a qualified therapist in providing facials and wondered if this was a good course to go on?

Any comments would be appreciated! Thank you

Has anyone attended the above?

Any comments/advice would be much appreciated! 😊

Hi I have just qualified with them - I had a few issues with them but I think for an NVQ in facials you will be fine

Oh really, what issues did you have?

Where did you do the training?

Thanks for your comments

I did the training at London Bridge. It was more about incorrect information in the study guide and spelling mistakes etc and not being told things directly which when you are doing a fast track is very annoying. Especially being told on the day of your theory exam you cannot use the same models from your portfolio in your exams!!! Facials are my favourite and best treatment!. The girls are lovely !!

Oh right, I would be doing the training at London bridge too.

With the NVQ it says over a 10 week period I think...how often are you to attend the centre? Is most of it home learning and portfolio work?

How quickly did you receive the certificate?

I want to make sure the course is right for me before applying!
😊

Hi,

Would really be interested to hear how you got on, when you start this course.

I am due to start the NVQ 3 in Make up in March :)

Fingers crossed for you xx

Yes I will let you all know, however won't be starting until after March so please let me know how u get on! 😊

Hi,

I was thinking about studying here to do my NVQ level 3 beauty therapy

Anyone thinking of doing this course or thinking of doing it.

Would love to hear from you xx

#anyone done the course I meant.

I did their fast track beauty course because I needed an NVQ of some type. How it works is each module is covered in class- so for example, facials, you'd go into class just for that 1 or 2 days to take notes, watch, and perform a facial. You have the option of doing all the class days all in one go or spread them out over several weeks to suit your schedule. After doing all your in-class training, you get a certificate just so you can go get insured and perform treatments outside of class. Then, you go home and do your home study worksheets, and do the required amount of treatments with pictures, consultation forms, ect, and send it in to the main office. I haven't reached the end of it yet, but I think I might've missed the deadline for my last assignment anyway, so I don't think I'll be finishing.

Chickafish has it right. You also have a study guide to complete and then once your portfolio and study guide have been handed in you then have a test knowledge paper which is the theory. If they feel you are ready for theory exam they will ask you to book it. Once the theory exam has been completed you then proceed onto the practical exam(s). The NVQ certificate can take up to 12 weeks, well that is what they told me. I completed my NVQ 2 in 9 months. It's an intense course but worked for me since I have a child.

Thanks so much for your comments.

I'm going to be doing an NVQ level 2 beauty therapy course starting in September but I did a taster make up and skin care course and learnt lots. I've got really interested in facials so would like to become professionally trained in that but don't want to wait until September to start the other course.

I'm not sure how much facials are covered in the NVQ level 2 beauty...

Should I do this facial course or just wait until September?

The course for facials is the same. When I was there, there were people who stayed for the full on NVQ beauty course, and a few who only came for the facial module.

The course for facials is the same. When I was there, there were people who stayed for the full on NVQ beauty course, and a few who only came for the facial module.

How did you get on with the Beauty Academy. I just wanted to ask people's opinions about these Courses?? I'm doing Make up in March the NVQ 3 level with the Beauty Academy In Birmingham.

I've just done a day's course in Manicures but it was an independent place and although I learnt a lot and it was great, I wouldnt feel comfortable going out into the business world with one days training, even though I've got my certificate. I know you need to practice practice and practice my Friends and Family I'm comfortable with but can you really learn this stuff intensively??

I did the NVQ level 2 with the beauty academy and it included facials. It's a 2 day practical course where they touch base on theory and then you spend two days learning the facial technique - you then go home and practice practice practice until you feel confident. With the NVQ you need to learn a lot but everything is given to you to study. I feel very confident performing facials. Now I want to learn different techniques ie drainage and different massage movements. With the NVQ you have to build a portfolio where you work on different skin types and ages.

It is intense and hard to pick something up in a day but then it's down to the individual to do your own research and practice practice practice until you know the technique off by hand.

Hi I am a mature lady looking for career change. Can anyone advise on where to do training i don't really want to attend a college with youngsters as would feel uncomfortable.

thanks for any advise.

Part time courses at college include a wide range of ages. Well worth it :)

I didn't know the beauty academy did nvq3 make up. Nice one :)

How did you get on with the Beauty Academy. I just wanted to ask people's opinions about these Courses?? I'm doing Make up in March the NVQ 3 level with the Beauty Academy In Birmingham.

I've just done a day's course in Manicures but it was an independent place and although I learnt a lot and it was great, I wouldnt feel comfortable going out into the business world with one days training, even though I've got my certificate. I know you need to practice practice and practice my Friends and Family I'm comfortable with but can you really learn this stuff intensively??

Considering I was already a nail tech going into the course (coming from another country and needed something the UK recognizes), I learned a lot on the other modules like facials, waxing, eye treatments, ect. I think whether you can learn all these things intensively depends on you. I felt once I saw the treatment being performed during practical training, it was easy to go on and practice on my own using just my notes.

Latest posts

Back