The early days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa32

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm now qualified and all set up at home. I'm only doing this evenings and weekends around my 9-5 at the moment but long term goal is to do it half the week alongside my other job and eventually full time.

I know there have been many posts about setting up but I'd love to know how you got yourself out there in those very early days. I'm doing facebook and instagram, word of mouth through friends but my circle of friends is quite small and they're not the best at helping me push the new business. Any little tips or advice would be great. Thanks xx

It can take a while to build up a steady client base, so don't give up and keep going xx

I've recently set up too, left my full time job and went for it. It's slow to start with and frustrating at times but it is building slowly. For what it's worth I've got a free listing on Yell.com, Facebook (paid for promotion but got little back, a comp I promoted got me a new customer who has rebooked so I guess that pays for it) Instagram, and Twitter. I recently registered my business on Google business (I didn't even know that was a thing until a friend told me!) and that get me a new client today as she said it shows up on google maps, and she's coming back next week for another treatment, it doesn't cost anything. They send you a code through the post and you can put info and pictures on there. Ask people to leave reviews on Facebook, and invite everyone to like your page. Hope that helps, I'm interested to see if anyone else replies as I'm always looking for ways to build my client base as I started from total scratch 3 months ago. I love what I'm doing though and know it will work so happy to keep pushing forward [emoji1] good luck in your new venture Lisa xx

Thanks for the replies, some useful tips there Emma :) xx

Latest posts

Back