The edge nail FX colour fade-help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade1987

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I am a fully qualified nail tech and have been in the industry for 10 years.. i have never come across a problem i couldn't solve myself but this one truly has me baffled..

When using the edge nails , nail FX system (which is their version of a kind of shellac.. but its a gel) in 8 months of using this product ive had maybe 4/5 customers come back to me with the colour almost completely faded to white/clear ish. (it doesn't seem to happen instantly, its a gradual fade) It hasn't happened with the same colour its happened with 5 different colours, but then when I've used the colours on other customers afterwards that hasn't happened for them!?
when it happened the first time, i used the same colour on myself to see if i could figure out what was happening and it didn't do it at all, and i have since used the other colours on myself and it hasn't happened either... my customers promise they haven't done anything out of the ordinary to make it happen and so far i haven't made any link between the 5 ladies.

Also as a side question, does anyone know if this product is suitable to use with the edge regular gel to create coloured nails?!

Thanks everyone your help is greatly appreciated on this one!!

You might find the problem is that they weren't following their aftercare :)
If its only 5 women, all of whom had different colours, perhaps they were putting their hands in something that they shouldn't and that "bleached" the colour out?
I don't use the edge so can't really be of much help but I hope the above makes sense! :) x

This is my thinking also, that if its only 5 clients and its not the colour because i have tested it on myself it must be something that they are doing...

so then the next question is... what do i do about it?

We all know what customers can be like.. and i find it difficult to know what to say to them when this has happened..

GOOD CUSTOMER service makes me want to re do them for free...
but KNOWING my job and products makes me know that they are doing something at home and even if i re do for free they are likely to do it again, but i dont feel as though i can just say ''oh well, tough luck''

what do you think??

Latest posts

Back